Chapter 24

Sorry for this!

-

After about 6 hours of writing with little breaks here and there, our writing session is done. The room is set up in a more relaxing and inviting way, with comfortable couches and chairs around the room, and everything has a warm color theme.

For the first couple of minutes of our session, Harry sat as close to me as possible; I guess he was still a bit overwhelmed from the crowd asking all those questions. Unfortunately, there wasn't much that I could do to comfort him because there were 2 other artists writing with us. However, I still tried my best to comfort him by giving him little touches here and there, like resting my hand on his knee or fixing his curls or his shirt. I even rubbed his back for a while.

"I heard that someone brought in food for everyone, anyone wanna go find that with me?" Niall asks, standing up.

"I'll go with you, I'm starving." Zayn adds. Liam, Harry, and I all agree and start towards the door when someone on the management crew speaks up.

"Excuse me, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson?" He calls.

"That's us." Harry and I say, almost in unison.

"You two have a meeting scheduled now. It's just down the hall and the third door to your left." The man directs with his hands.

"Thanks." We say before returning to the boys.

"Meeting time?" Niall asks.

"Yup."

"Good luck. We'll just be in this room when you're done." Niall says as he, Zayn, and Liam start heading towards the food.

"See ya!" I call. They all say bye in return and I take Harry's hand as we slowly make our way to the meeting room. When we make it to the door, I politely knock and listen for someone to say that we can come in.

"Hello, boys. Thank you for meeting with me." The man says. I've never seen the man who is sitting behind the desk; he is bald, sort of chubby, and he's wearing a black and white uniform suit. "Please, sit down." He motions his hands at the two seats directly in front of of the desk. Harry gives the man a small smile and we both sit down, letting go of each other's hands. "My name is Henry, and I work for Modest Management. We have recently been made aware of a couple photos that we would like clarification about." Henry opens a folder on his desk and takes out two printed photos of Harry and I kissing at Harry's birthday party and hands them to us. "Could you two please tell me what is going on in these photos?" Harry and I exchange questioning looks. Do we confirm it? Do we deny it?

"Uhh, it's um, well it was a couple of days ago..." Harry starts.

"We were at Harry's birthday party and as we were leaving, Harry's shirt got dirty so I took him to clean it off." I finish.

"Is that all?" Henry asks, sounding as if he genuinely doesn't know.

"Well you can clearly see we kissed after that." I sass, pointing at the photos.

"Yes Mr. Tomlinson, I see that. That's why you two are here today." Henry kindly says, despite me being rude to him.
"When we saw this over at Modest, our initial response was to talk to you two about it, to get the full story. However, it's taken us longer than we thought due to you two not cooperating..." Harry mutters a small 'sorry' and I just look down into my lap.

"What are you going to do about the leaked pictures?" Harry asks.

"Well, we've decided that the best thing we could do is not to say anything about the pictures, 'we' meaning you, Louis, and management, along with the rest of your band mates."

"What if someone asks us?" I ask.

"If someone asks just deny it, say it's photoshopped." Rolling my eyes, I take a deep breath, then look over at Harry. He seems to be doing okay, which is good. After a few moments of silence, Henry speaks up.

"We also thought it would be a good idea for you two to stay separated when you're in public for a while."

"How? We're in the same band." I ask, trying my best to not yell.

"Well, if the five of you are doing something together in public, hang out with the other guys instead of each other. Oh, and please don't stare at each other or try to talk across the room like you already do, it just makes it more obvious that you two are dating."

"But we are though." I mutter.

"Is that all?" Harry quietly asks.

"Yes, you're all set for the day, thank you for taking the time to meet with me. Oh, and one last thing. Because some form of security or management is always with you in public for protection, they have been given orders to follow to ensure that you two come off as friends, nothing more. If you decide to disobey, we won't hesitate to take further action. You're relationship doesn't only affect the two of you, it affects your band and how your fans see you. Do you understand?" Harry and I both nod as we stand up, heading for the door.

"Have a nice day." Henry smiles as he leaves the room.

"Thank you, you too." Harry quietly says, but loud enough so Henry can hear. As soon as we close the door to Henry's office, I pull Harry into a tight hug.

"Fuck them. They're not gonna keep us apart." I whisper in his ear before letting go. As we are walking down the hallway to meet up with the rest of the boys, Harry speaks up.

"Lou, honey, maybe he's right. Our relationship does affect the band..." Harry trails off.

"What do you mean?"

"He said that security and management have to keep us apart. If we have to hide the fact that we're together, then why do we even bother?" My heart sinks and I look over at Harry, concerned.

"What are you saying?" I ask, my voice trembling. My worst nightmare just might be coming true.

"I'm saying," Harry starts in a gentle tone and a small, sympathetic smile on his face. Just when we reach the room where Liam, Niall, and Zayn are, Harry takes my hands in his. "maybe we should take a break, see how it goes, and make it look like we're just friends for the public. You know, to get management off our asses. Now come on, I think we're leaving." Harry lets go of my hands and leaves me to join the other boys. How could he say that? A million thoughts race through my head and my heart physically hurts. Everything feels so wrong, and I don't know how to fix it.

-