Chapter 2 - Jacob's Bet

Jacob Walker. My half-enemy. Why half? Because he doesn't seem to hate me as much as I hate him, which basically fuels my hatred for him even more. But, if there's one thing you'd want to know about him, it's that he was H O T. The first time I saw him I was probably drooling, the second he opened his mouth, I'm pretty sure all that drool went flying out the window. Okay I don't really wanna admit this but Jacob had the body of a god. He wasn't too muscular which was good, he had the eyes of an angel, his lips, they were so perfect I can't even put into words how perfect, his brown hair had that sorta 'messy' look, his eyes were a deep green and hi-

"C'mon Riley, that isn't the way to treat a soon to be winner of the soccer match," he says grinning and walking beside me interrupting my thoughts.

I walk faster than normal trying to locate an open seat on the bleachers, screw finding my friends.

"You? Soon to be winner of the soccer match? Okay, look I love 'The Metallics' but c'mon the 'Bullets' have been undefeated this whole season," I say sitting down.

"Yeah but so have 'The Metallics' and we're so going to kick ass," he says sitting down beside me, unfortunately.

"You guys lost to them last year."

"That was last year."

"But still."

"You really think they're gonna win?"

"Yes."

"Are you confident enough to bet on that?"

Those eight words made me hesitate with my answer. If I agreed, there was a chance that I could win and get something out of it, but if I lost I'd lose all my pride and would have to do whatever Jacob's side of the deal was. If I said no to the bet, I'd basically lose all my pride and me being me wanted to keep all of that pride.

"Yes."

"If 'The Metallics' win, you've got to be my girlfriend for 3 months, but we can still flirt and do whatever with whoever. Also, nobody is allowed to know that you're my girlfriend because of a bet. They have to think you're my girlfriend by choice."

I looked at him weirdly, why would he want me to be his girlfriend for 3 months, what would he get from that? I decided to keep my mouth shut about it, for now.

"Fine, but i'm telling Ali about this bet no buts. If the 'Bullets' win, which they will, you have to be my slave for the rest of the school year and do whatever I tell you to do," I reply smugly, that was 6 months of him being a slave for me.

We shake hands on it and then I shoo him away to the field. After he leaves, I get up to find the others and find them sitting 5 rows ahead of me.

"Hey! Where have you been? The game's just about to start," Ali says just as I sit down next to her with Alex on her right.

"Huh? Oh I was busy doing..something."

Ali just stares at me, expecting me to explain. So I do.

"I thought you hated him!"

"I do."

"Then why?"

"Bragging rights and a slave duh."

"Seriously? We all know the 'Bullets' are gonna lose."

"You're suppose to be on my side!"

"Wanna know something?"

"Who wouldn't."

"I've actually shipped Jacley for as long as I can remember."

I stare at her, mouth open in shock.

"What! You said you wanted to know."

"But why?"

"There's a thin line between love and hate."

"No there isn't!"

"Uh yeah the-"

"Shut up guys the game is starting," Alex says interrupting our conversation.

We all turn to face the field and see the guys getting into their position for the game. 10 minutes into the game, the 'Bullets' score, I get up and start jumping and cheering like crazy even though it's just one point.

"Riley! Shutup, everybody's looking at you," Ali hisses at me.

"What? Never seen somebody cheer before? I'm sorry but your soccer team is just going to disappoint you by losing so you might as well go for the winning team," I shout to the crowd before sitting down.

A few minutes later, 'The Metallics' score and more than half of the people on the bleachers get up to cheer.

----------------

It's half-time and the score is currently 2-3 and 'The Metallics' are currently winning. I make my way down the bleachers to go buy myself a drink when somebody taps me on the shoulder.

"Excuse me."

I turn around to find some hot looking person staring at me. He had an extremely fit body - sort of the same as Jacob's - , blonde hair, mesmerising blue eyes and he was about 5cm taller than me.

"Yeah?"

"Do you go to Roseland High School?"

"I wouldn't be here if I didn't." The one thing I hate most about hot guys are that they're all stupid, I'm not saying that all hot guys are stupid, I'm just pointing out that most are.

"Then why were you cheering for the 'Bullets'?"

"It's not exactly illegal to cheer for the opposing team."

He gives me this weird look before speaking again, "Blake. Blake Starr. I play for the 'Bullets'."

"Nice to meet you Blake."

"And your name is...?"

"If I told you I'd have to kill you."

He smiles.

"Okay then mystery girl, what are you doing this Friday after school?"

"Why? Are you free?"

"Uh huh."

"Me and my friends are going to the fair at the boardwalk and I need a date, care to join me?"

"It'd be my pleasure," Blake says bowing, I laugh and he smirks right before we exchange numbers. We part ways and I go to buy my drink. On my way back to my seat, Jacob calls me over to him. Slowly I make my way over to him and he tells the girl he's with to go away. The girl shoots me a death glare before turning away and stomping off.

"Nice girl you got there."

"Yeah, she's one of a kind," he says laughing.

Okay, so maybe I can stand Mr Player McPlayerson over here a little bit.

"Ready to lose?" He asks looking down at me.

"I should be the one asking you that question."

"Look at the score, we're winning."

"The 'Bullets' will catc-" I'm interrupted by the coach calling Jacob back onto the field.

-----------------

The score is 4-4 and there is 3 minutes of the game left. I'm actually really nervous.

"Ali, what if I lose?"

"Then you lose."

I roll my eyes in response. Positive thoughts Riley. Positive thoughts. 2 minutes of the game left. I never actually thought about what would happen if there was a tie. We'll probably have to discuss that after the game if there is a tie. 90 seconds. The ball's just going backs no forth. 60 seconds.

This is it. I watch the game silently and the air is thick. 30 seconds. I close my eyes. 15 secon-

My thoughts are suddenly interrupted and screams and cheers are all I hear.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

Chapter 2! Please leave some honest feedback, vote for the chapter or even share the link. Also, if you see any typos or something that doesn't make sense, please don't hesitate to tell me.