Chapter 18 - BYHRB

{ Chapter is called Break Your Heart Right Back inspired by Ariana Grande }

Pulling away for breath I smile the biggest smile I've probably ever smiled.

Grabbing my hands he pulls me close, "Riley, I've liked you way before the bet started and that's why I made the bet. I thought I could get you to like me during the three months that you'd have to pretend to be my girlfriend."

"I feel so stupid," I mumble hiding my face behind a wall of hair.

"I feel like a jerk for acting the way I did so don't worry," he reassures me.

"And now that I think about it, I think I did like you as well I was just in denial about it," I tell him.

He just smiles at me.

"Is this why we're half-enemies?" I ask feeling like an idiot.

"Yeah," he grins at me.

"You should probably check on Steven," I tell him and sit down on a chair outside the room so I can process everything that has just happened.

I kissed Jacob. I freakin kissed him. Before this, it wouldn't have even crossed my mind and I never would've wanted to kiss him but now that it's happened I can't help but feel happy and excited.

Grinning like an idiot I pinch myself to make sure this is all real.

Yep, definitely real.

"...keep her for another two months and you get $1000, lose her before that and you owe me $1000," I hear a voice say from inside Steven's hospital room. Putting my ear against the door, I silently listen in on their conversation.

"I know, I know, but you and I both know she can't dump me, we made a bet."

"Stuff like that are broken all the time."

"She won't break it, she kissed me back and I can tell she likes me."

"Do you like her?"

He hesitates before answering, "no."

I can't help but feel as if something inside of me has shattered. I know he only admitted his feelings to me today ( well I guess he lied about that part but still ) but I actually felt the same. Even though I didn't say anything about how I felt I had obviously liked him for a while as well because you're not just gonna like someone after a minute, it all builds up if that makes sense and now that I think about it, it doesn't but whatever it's your dumb fault for not following along.

Standing up, I leave the hospital and make my way home and just my luck, it starts to rain. Standing in the middle of the road, the tears start to fall and I wipe them away furiously but they don't stop.

"I actually liked you Jacob," I sob.

"I actually liked you goddamit!" I yell kicking a rock.

"But of course! You're just like all the others guys!" I shout looking up at the clouds.

I can feel my clothes and hair getting soaked but I ignore all that and continue to walk home. I can't believe I'm crying over a guy, a stupid guy. And no, this isn't a movie because no guy shows up in a car or with an umbrella all romantic and shit ready to take me home.

Trudging into my house, I step into my room and change into something comfortable. I check my phone and see I have four new messages from Jacob.

JACOB

Hey, where are you?

Riley, are you okay?

I need to know you're okay, reply asap.

Call me when you get this, I'm worried xx

Worried my ass.

Instead of replying I block his number and then lay down in bed going over everything that's happened.

I made a bet with him so I can't exactly ignore him if I have to pretend to be his girlfriend and I can't fake dump him either until the three months are over but I have to do something.

I have to get him back for what he did.

All of a sudden, an idea comes to mind.

I was gonna break his heart. And I was gonna do it over the course of 10 days. Why 10 days? Because that was the halfway mark of this stupid bet.

-/-/-/-/-/-

Again, I'm sorry because everything happened so fast in this chapter and it was so short but I'm becoming busy. Hopefully I'll upload the next chapter tomorrow to make up for this chapter!

Next chapter will be longer!

Please vote! This is unedited.