Chapter 10 - Break A Leg

"Riley, come on!"

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"Pleaseeeeeee."

"No."

"WHAT THE HELL!" I jump off my bed soaking wet as soon as a glass of cold water has been dumped on me.

It was the day after the party and Jacob had driven me home. Turns out he was 18 - apparently he had to repeat a year, no surprises there. If you're wondering, I started school a year early so that's why I was also in year 11 this year.

I hear fits of laughter and turn to see Daniel leaning on the wall for support as he laughs his heart out.

"DANIEL!"

"What?" He asks innocently.

"What was that for?!?"

"I told you, Ashton won't take me to the park so I want you to take me."

"Get mum to take you," I say grabbing a towel from my closet and wiping the water off my face.

"She said she has to go to work and she already left."

"Daniel, mum doesn't work, she probably went shopping, you're such an idiot," I say sighing and grabbing a decent outfit from my closet.

"Oh well, now you have to take me."

"I hate you."

"I love you too," he replies skipping out of my room.

------------

"Daniel, be careful!" I shout as he hangs upside down from the monkey bars. I quickly walk over to him and put my hands out to catch him in case he falls.

"Don't worry, I won't fall, see?" He says letting his arms fall freely so the only thing which kept him from falling were his legs which were wrapped tightly around the bar.

"Daniel! Don't do that!"

"Fine, whatever, geez you're not my mother," he says putting his hands back onto the bar.

I roll my eyes and go to sit on one of the swings swinging myself lightly with my feet. All of a sudden I feel a presence behind me and I'm swinging higher. I turn my head and see Jacob grinning cheekily at me.

"Jacob, stop swinging me!"

"Say the magic words," he sings from behind.

"Please!"

"I said say the magic words not say the magic word."

"Please stop swinging me!" I say trying to dig my feet into the ground to stop me from moving. It did nothing.

"That's not it."

"Then what is it?"

"Jacob is a sex god."

"What? No way! I'm not saying that!"

"Then I guess you'll never get off."

The next thing that happens is probably one of the stupidest things I've ever done. I decide to jump off the swing when I reach the bottom but obviously my timing was off and I end up jumping off when I'm at the highest point. I scream as I fall to the ground and because I'm an idiot, when I put my legs out to land standing my timing is off once again and I end up extending my legs just as I hit the ground. I think I just broke a leg.

"Shit! Riley I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make you fall, I shouldn't have made you say the magic words, gosh I'm such an idiot I di-"

"Jacob, shut up," I interrupt still lying on the floor awkwardly.