Chapter 24 - TBOTE Part 1

{ TBOTE stands for The Beginning Of The End }
READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END

"Okay, what's up?" Ali asks pulling up short in the middle of the hallway.

"Nothing."

"Bullshit."

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Jacob start to walk down the hallway. I still haven't told Ali about what happened...I haven't told anyone. He still hasn't seen me yet so I grab Ali's arm and pull her behind a bunch of students talking.

"What are you doing?"

"I was just moving us out of the way so people can actually get to their classes."

"Are you lying or are you lying?"

"I'm gonna have to go with the third choice."

"Riley, I'm your best friend, just tell me what's wrong."

"There's nothing wrong I just feel a little tired today."

Before she can reply, Alex, Hunter and Regina step into view.

"We've been looking for you guys everywhere," Alex says more to Ali than me.

"And why are you standing here?" Hunter adds. I look down to avoid answering the question and notice him and Regina's hands entwined. Huh.

"Why do you ask so many questions? Gosh Hunter shut up," Ali rolls her eyes.

"It was my first question and it wasn't even completely directed at you!"

"Blah blah blah, shut up."

"You're so immature."

Ali gasps. "I'm immature? Who won Battle of the Axes, Alex?"

"You did," Alex says.

"You can't bring Alex into this! He's obviously going to be on your side."

"Alex isn't bias."

Hunter opens his mouth to speak but I beat him too it. "Guys, please stop. I'm getting a headache, can we just go to the cafeteria to eat?"

"Alright," Ali mumbles and takes the lead.

I follow behind the group with my head down, that is until I'm pulled back.

"Hey! Watch it.." I trail off once I notice it's Jacob."

"We need to talk."

"We've done that plenty of times already."

"No, like talk talk."

"You're not making any sense."

"The bet's over, I ended it."

"So who won?"

"Me."

"And how'd you do that?"

"That's not really important right now."

"I kinda think it is."

"I made another bet with Steven."

"And that makes this situation better because?"

"I won the bet and the prize for me was that the old bet was completely over."

"Congratu-fucking-lations," woah I swore.

"Do you believe me now?"

"Believe you about what?"

"That I like you."

"Oh my gosh. You got what you wanted. You knew you were going to lose that bet so you ended it before you had to pay anything, what else do you want? What's the point of lying to me? What did I ever do to you to make you hate me to this extent?"

"But I'm not lying."

"Oh look, there's another lie falling out of your mouth."

He stares at me for a couple seconds before taking a step closer.

"What are you doing?" I take a step back.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't have anymore feelings left inside of you directed at me."

"Then I'd be lying," a small smile starts to form on his face, "because I have a lot of hate bubbled up inside of me directed at you," and that tears the smile off his face.

"You're lying."

"I'm not."

"I can see it in your eyes."

"Sure you can."

He rolls his eyes and then pulls my face towards his and kisses me. After a couple seconds, he pulls away and looks at my face for a reaction. I'm stood there stunned.

"I-I-I- what was that?"

"Tell me you still don't feel the same way after that."

I stay silent and look down. I know how I feel and I'm such a hypocrite for calling him a liar when I'm lying straight to his face.

"Riley, look at me-"

"I'd rather not."

He tilts my chin up and leans down so neither of us is taller than the other. "Riley..."

"Just stop okay, I don't know what you're getting at but you should stop," I pull away from him.

"What can I do to make you believe me?"

"Stay away from me."

"That won't make any sense then."

"Just for a couple weeks."

"I can't do that."

"Why not?"

"Cause it's impossible."

"How would you know?"

"I've tried it," he shrugs.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

This is the end of part 1. Part 2 will be up in a couple days.

As most of you know, I really don't like this book. And I know everything is really rushed and stuff but I really wanted to get this story out of the way.

The next chapter will most likely be the last chapter though I'm not sure yet.

I have made up my mind about this BUT a few chapters ago, somebody said that if I didn't like this story, I should rewrite it and so yeah, that's exactly what I'm going to do. Same plot, same ending ( maybe ), same characters all that stuff. That'll be up on the 10th of January so keep this story in your library so I can notify you when it's going up.

Thank you so so so so so much to everyone who read my really shit story, I love seeing you all in my feed :)

If you have any questions, please ask me!!