Chapter 22 - Wanna Dance?

We arrive at the club and even though it's a Tuesday night, it's packed. Something must be happening inside.

Jacob grabs my hand and walks right past the line to the bouncer, whispers something in his ear and smiles smugly as the bouncer lets us in.

As soon as we step in, the reality of what's happening hits me. We shouldn't be here. I wasn't a goody two shoes but I wasn't a rebel either.

"Riley! Are you alright?" Jacob shouts over the pounding music.

"Uhh yeah I'm fine," I reply.

"Can you grab us a table? I'll go grab us drinks!" He hurries away and I squeeze through the people on the dance floor to get to the other side of the room and find a table.

"Hi," a young guy says sliding into the seat across from me.

"Sorry that seat's taken."

"I know, by me."

I say nothing.

"You look a little too young to be here."

Oh shit.

Shitty shit shit.

"And how old do I look?" I ask leaning forward and resting my elbows on the table.

"Sixteen or seventeen." I was sixteen. Seventeen next month.

"What makes you think that?"

"The way you dress."

"The way I dress?"

"The way you dress."

"Well okay then Mr Know It all." I look away irritated.

"Wanna dance?" He asks standing up and holding out a hand to me.

"Yeah, no."

"Why not?"

"I don't dance."

"Are you here alone?"

"No."

"You're lying."

"I'm not."

"Okay so where's your friend? I don't see her anywhere," he turns his head from side to side to prove his point.

"She's a he."

"What?" He asks confused.

"I'm not here with a girl, I'm here with a guy."

"Okay, now lies are just pouring out of your mouth."

"I'm not lying!"

"One dance."

"I'm fine here."

"Please?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"I don't dance."

"I can teach you."

"Thanks, but no thanks."

At that moment, another older, smellier man comes up to me.

"Wanna dance?"

"No thank you," I decline.

"You don't really have a say in this," the man grabs my hand and pulls me towards him.

"Let go of me!" I try to pull my hand away.

"Lets dance," before he can take another step, he's thrown to the ground and the guy from before is punching him.

"Shit! Oh my gosh, stop!" I try to pull him away but he continues to punch the other guy.

"STOP!" I yell louder and pull the younger one off the other one.

"You're going to make a scene," luckily mostly everyone was drunk so only a few people saw what just happened.

"The name's Aiden," he holds out his hand for me to shake.

I laugh at how he acts like that whole thing didn't just happen.

"Riley."

"Can we dance now?"

"Sure."

I let him guide me to the dance floor and we're on our fifth song when I'm pulled away from Aiden and out the door.

"What do you think you're doing?" A fuming Jacob shouts at me.

"Dancing."

"I was looking everywhere for you! And then I find you with some creep!"

"He's not a creep. His name is Aiden."

"I don't care what his name is! Why were you dancing with him?"

"Because he asked me to."

"Oh okay, so if he asked you to jump off a cliff would you do that to?"

"I didn't mean it like that. Look, you were gone for a while and some shit happened okay?"

"You could've at least texted me or something! I was worried sick!"

"You were not worried! You're the biggest liar! You've never even cared about me!"

"What are you talking about?!"

Screw the part where I break his heart in eight days, I was done. Completely done.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

So I updated a week early and from now on, updates should go back to normal. So yeah, every 2-3 days, a new chapter will be posted.

If you haven't already, please check out my story 'Heartbreak Rulebook' ( I like it better than this story )

This is unedited. Please vote and comment your thoughts on it!

What's your favourite song right now? I need new music :)