Chapter 5 - Lunch Detention

Walking into class for lunch detention was not fun. I repeat, not fun. Everybody stares at you as you make your way to your seat. It also wasn't fun when your 'boyfriend' was holding hands with someone else while you were walking alongside some other guy. C'mon, I wasn't jealous, this was all for some stupid bet, but, of course, other people didn't know that.

As I sat down, Hunter took the seat next to me and we chatted until Mr Rodriguez our teacher for detention came in.

"Now I don't know why you're here and honestly I don't care, all you gotta do is sit here and be quiet for the next 40 minutes, do whatever you want as long as it involves no talking. I'm gonna mark the roll and then I'll be back in 40 minutes to dismiss you," Mr Rodriguez says taking out the roll and calling names.

I stay silent, until he calls out my name.

"Here."

When the teacher's finished marking the roll, he gets up to leave when his eyes narrow on something behind me.

"MISS SUMMERS AND MR WALKER, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?"

No reply. I turn around to see them making out before Jacob pulls back and winks at me. I make a face before turning around.

"You said we could do whatever we wanted as long as it involved no talking," Lucy says innocently.

"You knew what I meant!"

"No I didn't."

"Lucy, stand," surprisingly, she does as she's told.

"Come and sit at the front," she moves to the front and he glares at her right before leaving the room and locking the door.

For the next two minutes everyone in the room is silent.

When everybody starts to speak again, Regina Gustavo, a really close friend of mine who's dating someone on the soccer team, comes up to me and gives me a note, I smile back at her before slipping the note into my pocket and watching her walk away. Regina was a really nice person, she was popular but she wasn't a bitch, she was also really pretty. She had light brown hair, big brown eyes and dimples.

"So who are you bringing to the fair on Friday?" I ask Hunter as I turn around to face him, the whole class has started talking again so luckily our conversation is masked by all the voices.

"I don't know, I really like this girl but she's dating someone else and I'm too scared to make a move while she's in the relationship," Hunter says looking at me.

"Like that's ever stopped you before."

"Hey! There's a first for everything!"

"Yeah I guess there is, so who is it?"

"I can't tell you."

"What!? Why?"

"I just can't."

"But you're my best friend!"

"That's exactly why I can't tell you."

"What does me being your best friend have anything to do with it?"

"Need I remind you what happened the last time?"

"Point taken."

"I'll give you a clue though."

"What is this? Murder Mystery?"

Hunter just raises an eyebrow in reply.

"Nevermind, what's the clue?"