Chapter 15 - Acceptance Speech

"Are you seriously wearing that?" I ask as Ali walks into my house wearing a Dorothy outfit from the Wizard of OZ.

"Yeah, what's wrong with it?" She asks twirling around.

"I don't know, it makes your butt look a little big."

She gasps putting a hand to her chest before noticing the slight grin on my face.

She exhales, "oh gosh, I thought you were serious for a second there."

"But seriously, why that out of everything else, please explain."

"Well, Dorothy Gale, is a loyal friend, like me, straightforward, like me, kind, like me, friendly, like me, trusting, like me, practical, like me, open, like me and beautiful, like meeeeee and those are all the traits that you need when you're mature."

I have to restrain myself from laughing as she talks. God knows what goes through her head everyday.

"Those traits have nothing to do with being mature, Ali."

"Yeah, they do! What about your costume! What does that have anything to do with being mature?"

I look down at my outfit. I'm wearing a plain white t-shirt and a pair of black shorts paired with white low top converses.

"This," I gesture to my outfit, "is something mature people would wear. Mature people do not go around wearing weird ass costumes two months before Halloween."

"Whatever, you're so gonna lose the battle," she replies sitting next to me as Alex walks in.

"A superman costume? Really?" I ask

"Yeah! It makes my biceps look big," he says flexing.

"Now you're just turning into Hunter," Ali says.

"Ladies, ladies, no need to fight over me, I'm really sorry Riley but Ali has the key to my heart," he says blowing Ali a kiss.

"Alex, Alex, I'm really sorry but I've flushed the key down the toilet," she shrugs.

"How nice of you," he says sitting down next to Ali as they start their make-out session.

"I think I'm gonna barf," I say just as Hunter walks in.

"Nice outfit," I grab my crutches and walk over to where he's standing.

"Thanks, I knew the ladies would dig this," he was wearing a Spider Man costume.

"Yeah, you're a real ladies man," I say rolling my eyes.

"Oh good, you're here," Alex says breaking away from their kiss.

"LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!!" Hunter says jumping around and doing weird Spider Man hand gestures, where he flicks his wrist and stuff.

"So, what do we do?" I ask standing around stupidly while Hunter jumps around me.

"Don't worry, I've got it all figured out, round 1 is who can randomly get a high 5 from a little kid without scaring them away. We gotta go to the park though," Ali says opening the door.

"Hunter stop jumping!" I make a move to whack him on the head but he swiftly dodges.

"Umm Riley, your boyfriend's here," Ali calls.

I hobble over to the door to see Jacob standing there with Sophie in his arms. Shit! I had totally forgotten they were coming today.

"Hey, Riley," Jacobs says smiling down at me.

"Jacob, what a nice surprise."

"Did you forget?"

"No! No! Of course not, of course I remembered!"