Chapter 16 - Jealousy At Its Finest

"Sophie, come sit next to me," I say patting the spot beside me.

A lot had happened after I was kicked, Jacob wanted me to go to the hospital even though I insisted I was fine and after a while he hesitantly obliged with my wishes and Ali had won Battle Of Axes, I know, unbelievable.

After Hunter read his stupid speech, Ali threw a mini tantrum and eventually Alex and I decided to just let her win so she'd shut up but Hunter wouldn't agree until I told him I'd make him cookies and bring them to school tomorrow.

"I'm sleepy," Sophie says sitting beside me and resting her head against my arm and closing her eyes.

I was currently at Jacob's house since I didn't want to go home after we'd dropped off the others, I had also met his parents who were really nice.

"What movie?" I look up to see Jacob holding up a few movies.

"I don't want to watch a romantic movie!"

"You look like a sucker for love," he says shrugging nonchalantly.

I scoff, "I'm offended."

He shoots me a smile, "so what movie then?"

"Do you have, White Chicks?"

"Who doesn't?"

"Yess!" I fist pump the air as Jacob pops the movie into the DVD player.

Jacob moves to sit next to me but frowns once he gets closer.

"Sorry, the seat next to me is occupied," I laugh gesturing to Sophie.

He lifts up a sleeping Sophie taking her spot and adjusting her onto his lap as she continues to sleep.

------------------

"You know, the past week that I've been pretending to be your girlfriend wasn't as bad as I thought it would be."

"What can I say? I'm a real ladies' man," he replies as we get to the front door of my house.

Ignoring his comment, I open the door to my house and thank him for walking me here.

"That's all I get? A thanks? Where's my goodbye kiss?"

I blow him a kiss before closing the door.

------------------

"Where are the cookies?" Hunter says bouncing up to me just as I get out of the car.

"Here," I say tossing him the cookies.

"You got Hunter cookies but not me? Gee, thanks sis." Ashton says getting out of the car.

"You said you'd make them! These are store bought!" Hunter says disappointed.

"I was busy," I wave him off and say goodbye to Ashton as he goes and meets with his other friends.

"Are you going on the senior road trip?" Hunter says biting into a cookie.

"What road trip?" I ask stopping in front of my locker and grabbing my things.

"You don't know what the senior road trip is?!?!?!?!?" Hunter

asks shock written all over his face as he looks up from his bag of cookies.

"Am I suppose to?"

"The senior road trip! How do you not know?!? The road trip for year 11 and 12! This is what everyone looks forward to during their senior year! The road trip that's happening in exactly a month!"

"Uh huh I totally care."

"Are you serious? How can you not be excited?"

"The question is, why should I be excited?"