Chapter 9 - Party With Reem

(----------------------------------------)

 READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE

(----------------------------------------)

It was 8:30pm on a Saturday night and I was currently at Ali's house getting ready for the party at Josh's place. There were screams coming from outside the room and then loud footsteps running towards us.

All of a sudden the door burst open and in came tweedle dee and tweedle dum running in. If you were wondering which you probably were, tweedle dee was Ali's little brother, Zac, who happened to also be 8 and tweedle dum was Daniel, the little eight year old that just so happens to live in my house.

These dudes were like the best of friends and did everything together. When they were together, it was never a good thing.

"Get out you idiots!" Ali says trying to push them out the door, I laugh at her attempts as they climb onto her bed and start jumping on it.

"Two little monkeys jumping on the bed, one fell down and bumped his head, mumma called the doctor and the doctor said, 'no more monkeys jumping on the bed!' One little monkey jum-"

"GET OFF MY BED!" Ali yells at the two boys causing them to stop singing.

"Fine, okay we just wanted to play with you guys," Zac says walking out the door with Daniel in tow. They were honestly so cute but were also a really big pain in the ass.

"So what are you wearing?" Ali asks locking the door and turning towards me.

"I don't really know and it doesn't really matter anyways, it's just a party," I say looking out the window.

"It's not just any party! It's Josh Nickel's party!"

"Wow, I totally care."

"You should."

"But I don't."

I hear her sigh before she walks over to her closet. "Look, I won't force you to wear a dress or anything like that but whatever you're gonna wear, at least make it decent."

Two hours later, I'm dressed in a black, off the shoulder crop top, a white cardigan, ripped, black skinny jeans and a pair of low top converses. And if you were wondering, I wasn't the one who took two hours, I took about 20 minutes max. Ali was dressed in a tight, backless black dress that ended a few centimetres above her knees with a pair of black pumps.

"Time to go," Ashton says loudly from the other side of the door. Unfortunately Ashton was taking us since he was also gonna be at the party and like I said, Ali and I weren't old enough to drive but luckily Josh's place was huge so we probably weren't even gonna see him once we were in there.

--------------------

It was almost midnight and I was sitting on the floor alone in a corner. I was probably the only sober person here. Ali had gone off with Alex and Hunter was no where to be found, Regina was making out with Josh and I was surround by a bunch of sweaty bodies. It was an absolute nightmare. All I wanted to do was go home and sleep.

"What are you doing here?"

I look up to the source of the voice and see Jacob standing over me. He was dressed in dark wash jeans paired with a tight black v-neck t-shirt. I had to admit, he looked pretty good.

"What do you think I'm doing here?"

Jacob rolls his eyes in response and sits down on the floor next to me a little too close for my liking. I scoot over a tiny bit so I'm not touching him in the slightest and he gives me a funny look before moving closer to me. I give him the same look he gave me, before moving over even more so that I was squashed against the wall. He raises an eyebrow before moving closer to me.