Chapter 12 - Haha Very Funny

"Oh right, when I was walking into the forest my phone died and I thought, 'what if I was kidnapped by a bear and had no help,' so I came home to charge my phone but don't worry it's 100% now," my future boyfriend aka Luke Hemmings says giving me a thumbs up.

Pffffffft I wish. It's just Ashton.

"YOU IDIOT!" I yell as I lunge for him but am quickly pulled back by strong arms.

"Careful, you might break your other leg," Jacob says still holding me. I huff and shrug his arms off of me and carefully walk into the house with Jacob right behind me. I walk into the kitchen to get Jacob something to eat and sitting at the dinner table is two little kids. One named, Daniel, the other named, Sophie. Eating. Macaroni and Cheese.

"GUYS! HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN HERE?" I say hobbling over to the table.

"Huh? Oh when you left, Sophie and I didn't know what to do so we walked around the neighbourhood and found the house, we've been here ever since and Ashton got here about an hour ago," Daniel says looking up from his food.

"Is mum and dad upstairs?"

"Yep."

"Okay, well I'm glad you're safe," I say walking over to Jacob to explain to him what had happened.

But apparently he had already heard everything, "please, you did not care, you wanted to come here to get me food first and then go look for them," he says walking past me and over to Sophie, as he walks by me I swiftly put one of my crutches in front of his foot tripping him.

He yelps. "What are you, 10?"

"Yeah, on a scale of one to five."

"Once you're off those crutches I'm doing way more than just tripping you back."

"Such a threat," I say going towards the fridge. "What do you want to eat?"

"What do you have to eat?" Jacob says looking over my shoulder.

"I forgot to tell you, mum told me to tell you to do the grocery shopping so there's nothing to eat," Ashton says.

"I told you to do the grocery shopping, Ashton!" I hear mum yell from upstairs.

"Riley, can do it, catch," Ashton says throwing me mum's wallet. I catch it with both hands awkwardly since I have to hold onto my crutches at the same time.

"Lets go."

------------------

We decided to go eat at McDonald's because you know, that's where the happy meals lived and then afterwords we'd go to the shops.

"Can I please get one happy meal andddddd Jacob, what do you want?" I ask turning to him.

"I'll get the same."

"Really?" The badass wants a happy meal..?

"Is that a problem?"

I don't reply and turn back to the cashier who was staring at Jacob. I turn back to Jacob just in time to see him give her a wink. I turn back to the cashier who's blushing like hell. I look from one to the other before clicking my fingers in front of her face to get her attention.

"Two happy meals altogether please, coke for the drinks," I say annoyance evident in my tone of voice. I don't even know why I'm annoyed.

"That will be $9 altogether," she says pressing some buttons all the while still staring at Jacob.

"I'll pay," Jacob says pushing me out of the way.

"No, I'll pay, move," I say pushing him out of the way.