Chapter 4 - Dogs Dying

As soon as we got into the car, Ash immediately told mum I was dating Jacob.

That bastard.

"You've got a boyfriend?! That's great honey, honestly, your last two boyfriends, Jake and James weren't that great I mean wh- .... wait, are you going for guys who start with J?"

Guys who start with J? Jake, James, Jacob... Oh.

"No mum, I'm not."

"Oh that's good, anyways yeah they weren't that great but I've seen Jacob, he's actually pretty hot."

Ummm.

"Mum, please stop."

"What? I'm just stating a fact."

"Well please stop."

"Alright then, who won the game anyways?"

"'The Metallics' duh, we've been like undefeated this whole season," gee, thanks for the reminder, Ash.

--------------

Walking into school the next morning and getting this many stares usually wouldn't phase me, but walking into school with one of the most popular guys' arm around my shoulder did.

"Jacob, get your disgusting arm off of my shoulder, everybody's staring," I say gritting my teeth.

"Just let them do their job," he replies calmly.

"It's not their job, it's their f-ing hobby."

"Yeah yeah whatever."

I take his arm off my shoulder and power walk to my locker just around the corner. Just as I'm done grabbing my things and shutting my locker, I turn around to find Ali staring at me.

"Trouble in paradise?" She asks stifling a laugh.

"Day 1 hasn't even started and I'm already done."

"You'll get used to it, and we're still going date hunting for Friday night right?"

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, yesterday during half-time I met someone from the 'Bullets' and asked him if he wanted to come and he agreed."

"What?!? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Too much drama going on for me to remember."

"Okay, but can we still go shopping? I still need an outfit?"

"When have I ever passed down a time to shop?"

---------