HEARTBREAK RULEBOOK

Heartbreak Rulebook

Tahlia Alastar, the most popular girl in school. The Heartbreak Queen. With her looks, her flirting skills, her charm and her money, she has everything she needs.

Mason Maddox, the new guy. With his popularity status rising by the minute, his good looks and his charm, he has everything he needs.

As soon as Mason starts Vale High, he gains friends and popularity fast. When Tahlia hears about the new guy, she's dared to break his heart. Afterall, she was the Heartbreak Queen, how hard could it be?

-/-/-/-/-/-

Sorry, this is a bad outline of the story but I hope you get the point.

CHAPTER 1 - HEARTBREAK QUEEN

"Umm, no."

I watch as the smile on his face falls and the bouquet of roses in his hand crumble to the ground.

Turning my back on him I continue to eat my salad. What's going on? Okay, lets rewind all the way back to this morning.

"I heard Brad was gonna ask you to be his girlfriend today," Courtney says as soon as I get out of my car. Courtney Fisher, blonde, blue-eyed and extremely beautiful, she had the looks and the money to get her anything she wanted. Courtney and I have been friends since year 9, we were currently halfway through year 12 and I was excited to get the hell out of this shithole.

"Oooh that's another heart about to be broken," I fake gasp walking into school. As soon as I step though the door, everyone goes quiet and makes a path for me to get to my locker. I smile as I walk and have my chin held high. When I reach my locker, I see my other friend Quinn Diablo, standing there waiting for me.

"Hey Quinn!" I say giving her a quick hug.

"How's the Heartbreak Queen feeling this morning?" She asks applying a new layer of lipgloss to herself. Quinn and I have also been friends since year 9 and she was insanely talented. She was amazing at Soccer and Basketball, had the lead role in the upcoming Winter play and could play the guitar, piano, flute and violin. She was also really pretty with her long brown hair, slim waist, tall figure and cute dimples, I was sometimes jealous.

"Alright I guess, I just don't want Brad to ask me out," I sigh and grab the things I need for first period, stuffing them into my bag.

"Why not?" Courtney asks shutting my locker for me.

"Even though I've been given the title of The Heartbreak Queen, it kills me to watch guys fall head over heels for me and then I have to humiliate them in front of the whole school by rejecting them," I say just as the bell rings for first period.

"Then why do you do it?"

"I have a reputation to uphold, and without it, everyone would step all over me," I say as we all walk to first period together.

"Truthfully, I think it would be fun to break somebody's heart," Courtney says tapping her chin.

"Courtney, trust me, it sucks. The thing I just don't get is why guys still come after me even though they know I'll break their heart. I mean, it's not like I'm forcing them to do anything bad they just ask me out on a date and who am I to say no?!? Gosh, guys are such idiots," I say taking a seat at the back with Courtney and Quinn on either side of me.

We chat waiting for the second bell to ring signalling that class was starting. "Did you hear about the new guy?" Quinn asks me dumping her bag onto the table and taking out her things.

"What new guy?" I ask suddenly interested.

"The guy that was starting school today! I saw him at the front office and damn he was hot," Courtney says fanning herself.

"What's his name?"

"I think it was Bacon no wait, was it Macon? Wait no it was Mason...yeah his name was Mason!" Courtney claps.

"Gosh he was dream-" the second bell rings cutting Quinn off as the teacher walks into class.

"Class, we have a new student, please be nice, his name is Nason," the teacher announces as I snicker.

"Actually, my name is Mason," he says and I quickly give him a once over. He was tall, tan and handsome. He had brunette hair, green eyes and cute freckles on his cheeks.

"I'm sorry Nason....Mason I meant! Please take a seat over there," the teacher points at the only seat left in the class, the seat right in front of me, the seat that I had my legs and feet on.

"Excuse me," Mason says nicely gesturing me to move my feet. I don't reply but slowly move my feet staring at him the entire time.

----------

"Class dismissed," the teacher says opening the door allowing everyone to leave.

"Lets go," Courtney says linking arms with Quinn and I dragging us to the cafeteria.

Once we get there the place is already crowded and we head over to our usual table.

"Tahlia! Looking gorgeous as always," Tyson, the third most popular guy in school says winking at me just as I sit down beside him.

"Leave me alone, Tyson," I say grinning at him and giving him a small shove.

I watch as the rest of the people who are part of the popular group aka my other friends join the table.

"Tahlia!" I turn around in my seat to see Brad coming my way. I sort of felt sorry for Brad, I was leading him on, giving him hope that he'd have a chance with me but no matter how sweet he was, he was getting rejected either way.

The whole cafeteria goes quiet waiting in anticipation to see what will happen as he approaches me. "I have something to ask you," he says taking my hand in his. I resist the urge to make a face and instead smile at him.

He holds up a bouquet of roses and I can see his legs trembling. "Tahlia Alastar, w-will you be my girlfriend?"

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-

I just posted the story details and chapter 1, head on over to the book to read the rest of chapter 1 even though I'm pretty sure you already know what she's gonna say.