Confusion

Percy-

"We've been walking for hours!! When will you give up and call over a taxi?!" Bruce complained.

"If we can't walk there, we won't be fit enough to fight Loki. Besides, a little cardio won't hurt." I rolled my eyes. I was exhausted, but I needed to prepare a lot more if I have to fight a stupid Norse god that has cursed me with hallucinations of my deceased friends.

"Cardio my ass, Manhattan is miles away. It'll save us time to just drive there. We drove to get here, why not drive back?" Natasha stated. Her face showed slight annoyance, rather than that stone cold glare.

"I thought you guys were supposed to be the avengers, not whiny little children." I remarked.

"We need to prepare to fight Loki again, preparations will be needed." Thor said.

"Isn't this preparation enough?" I asked.

"I don't think walking will help us fight.. no offense Percy." Peter sighed.

"Well we could call over a pal of mine, but I don't think there'll be enough room for all of us." I rolled my eyes.

"Why did you phrase that strangely?" Natasha asked.

"Do you guys prefer riding by Pegasus or a flying war ship?" I asked.

"We prefer transformation that can be used by any human." Bruce stated.

"Well sir transportation is the best I got. Unless you want to ride by sea creatures? Hippocampus anyone?"

"Isn't a hippocampus a part of the brain..?" Bruce asked.

"You need to learn your Greek mythology Bruce, although I guess in a world like ours, one with many planets and a pretty large universe with living creatures besides humans, you wouldn't really want to learn anything besides what teachers tell ya." I remarked.

"I'm a scientist, so I learn what is useful. And whatever else I want to learn. I didn't just wake up one day and decide that I should study Greek mythology." Bruce bantered.
(See what I did there? Bruce bantered? Bruce Banner...? Yeah okay.. I'll go home.)

"Did you hear that...?" Natasha asked.

"No, too busy deciding how I should get your lazy asses to the avengers tower." I snickered.

"No, seriously, I heard movement." She stealthily crept over to the area she heard the sound.

I started to actually pay attention. Kinda difficult. You know, with the ADHD and all? Why do demigods have to have that! I mean, I know why but—

I need to focus!

I slapped my face, hoping to clear my mind. The others looked at me with confused expressions, and then we discovered the source of the noise.

Can you guess who?

Loki.

The psychopath himself.

"Brother!" Thor yelled.

"I'm not your brother!" Loki yelled back.

"We were raised together!" Thor yelled.

"ADOPTED!" Loki yelled.

"Why are you here?" Thor asked Loki.

"I discovered something, and I don't think you'll be too fond of it." Loki stated.

"Umm isn't Loki the bad guy?" Peter asked.

"Last time I checked." I shrugged. "But he hasn't attacked us just yet."

"Why would I attack you?" Loki asked, kind of confused.

"Well you've shown up in my dreams and made me see ghosts." I stared him in the eyes.

"I've done no such thing, young demigod."

"Wait.. then why are you on Midgard, brother?" Thor asked.

"I was trying to tell you! Anyways, I had some dream that told me to come here. I also saw a woman in that vision, and back when I was still locked up in a prison cell, I did a lot of reading. Some of it included Greek mythology, and based on the powers this woman used, I can only conclude that she was Gaea."

"Good joke, I defeated her." I snickered.

"Did you merely put her to rest or kill her?" Loki asked.

"Well, I put her to sleep with the help of one of my now dead friends.. that was the last thing that friend did.. anyways.. it's almost impossible that she's awake."

"She isn't, not yet. I sense she is still sleeping. So we have to act fast. I know of a doctor that can assist us in finding a way to succeed. Do you trust me enough to let me help you defeat Gaea?" Loki asked.

I had to think. For some time now I've been running away from this dude, only to find out Gaea has been doing stuff to me all along? When she's supposed to be asleep like a good primordial?

"Sure." I shrugged.

"Are you sure? He isn't the most trustworthy.." Bruce shuttered.

"He was just being controlled by Thanos, I know my brother is good." Thor said.

"Yeah yeah let's just get to the rest of the avengers before Gaea wakes up." I suggested.

"Good plan." Natasha said.

With that, we continued walking, discussing the best ways to get to the tower quickly.

Still confused on the situation, one second Loki is bad, the next he's good?

I mean, I only believe him since I only saw and talked to him in my dreams, and Gaea has some powers that can mess with your head like that. Anyways, I also had a feeling I could trust him.

I also realized I'd need help from someone currently in Elysium.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another chapter has been completed, and it's been a while since I've last updated!

Sorry, life just doesn't like me sometimes.

School starts on Wednesday, so I'll be an official high schooler soon. Ugh.

Anyways, I did a lot of research before writing this chapter, since I didn't exactly think having Loki be the main villain would be a good idea. After all, he was only psycho because of Thanos. Also, in this world, he dead.

No more Thanos, no more "I don't feel so good." Nope. I'm erasing that.
F O R E V E R.

Anyways the final decision for the villain was between Hera and Gaea. I decided Hera wouldn't be that much of a bitch to try and mess up Percy's life even more.
Besides, Gaea has the powers that could explain the visions and ghost seeings that Percy is dealing with.

Also! The original events of this chapter was supposed to be a fight against Loki, but while writing it, I decided that it wouldn't be very relevant for the plot, and hanged it up.
Also congrats, a long chapter!

Anyways hope you enjoyed this chapter!

The one and only,
      Juliet_Nebula