Chapter 2

I shrug my shoulders, plugging my headphones into my computer and shuffling the songs on my iTunes. Mrs. Sundstrom-Young walks into the room, setting her large briefcase onto the desk per usual. 

"Mrs. Peterson?" She calls out to me. 

I stand up from my seat and walk up to her desk, hands folded neatly behind my back. "Yes, Mrs. Young?"

She begins to speak in a quieted tone, not wanting anyone to hear our conversation. 

"I know that you are one of the most hardworking people in this class, so I do not want you to disappoint me on this." I nod my head, and she continues. 

"The boys from One Direction, accompanied by their bodyguard Paul, are coming to campus today, since today is the last day of class until the fall semester begins later in the year. They are going to accompany you to all of your classes today, just to see what the real college life is like, and then you will need to help them make a video. The video will explain to younger fans how important education is." She nods at me, grabbing her papers out of her briefcase and placing them neatly onto her desk. 

"With all due respect ma'am, I am a Criminal Justice major. Are you sure they wouldn't have someone who is just getting their basic credits done? Perhaps someone just doing the general education classes? Are they going to be able to handle the in-depth Criminal Justice classes this late in the year?" I ask, hesitantly.

 I'm honored for such a position, but I'm hesitant also. I don't want them not seeing the real college experience. 

"Yes, they can handle it. I talked this through with Paul, who is interested in Criminal Justice, seeing as he is the head of security for the biggest boyband on the planet. He would like to re-learn some of the material, and don't you think the boys would get bored learning about history, science, and basic English rather than something like Criminal Justice? I'm sure they would love to learn how the system works. And the decision is final; no backing out, Mrs. Peterson."

"Yes, ma'am. When do you suppose they will be here?" I ask, letting my somewhat shaking hands lay limp at my sides. 

"Yes, I have informed your other professors what will be going on. Is your math class scheduled for today?" she asks, looking up from sorting her papers. "No, I don't. We took the final exam and finished up with that class yesterday." She nods, and I take that as my cue to go back to my seat.

Ten minutes later, at 7:00 on the dot, the rest of the class walks into the room. A rather bulky man walks over to Mrs. Young and she points to me. Taking that as my cue to introduce myself, I make my way through the aisle and to the front of the room by the man. 

"I am assuming that you are Paul. My name is Sarah Peterson, sir, and you and your boys will be accompanying me for today. I have three classes today: this one, which is Intro to Criminal Justice, my next class is Intro to Criminal Investigation, and then my last class for today is Intro To Corrections. Lucky for us, they are all in this room, and your boys will not have to sit through my math class that I have every Wednesday." I say, sticking my hand out in front of me. 

Paul shakes my hand with a sturdy grip. "I like your manners, darlin', but please, just call me Paul."

I gratefully smile at him, and Mrs. Young speaks up, "She has been very well mannered since day one of class, never missing an assignment or talking back. That does not mean this girl is a goody-two-shoes, though. She was raised in a house full of women; that innocent smile can be deceiving." We all laugh. 

"Well, Sarah, why don't you take a seat. Paul, you can sit on the far right of the second row. Sarah can be on your left, so you can ask her any questions or read her notes if you want to, then the boys can sit on her left in any order. Sarah, do you already know the boys' names or do you need a formal introduction?" Mrs. Young asks. 

"No, I definitely know the most famous boyband in the world's members' names," I laugh, gaining a few chuckles from Paul. "Does this setup work for both of you?" I nod, seeing Paul do the same, and sit down on my seat as he goes into the hallway. 

A few minutes later, the class bickers to themselves, as the five boys walk in. They get some attention and gasps from some girls, but they ignore it and sit down. From right to left, Paul, myself, Liam, Zayn, Louis, Niall, and Harry on the end.

"Hey, Sarah?" Paul nudges my side. 

"Yes, Paul?" I ask. 

"What did Mrs. Young mean when she said that you aren't a good two-shoes? I mean, you turn in all of your work, you don't talk back..." He leads off. 

I laugh, shaking my head at him. 

"I do my work and don't talk back because the classes I'm taking are preparation for my future. I plan to either do something in high-class security, or law, or maybe even juvenile-corrections. That does not mean I don't goof off in my spare time. There has been more than one occasion Mrs. Young has caught me doing something I definitely should not be doing." 

Paul laughs, shaking his head. He does not want to know the type of stuff I do for fun with my friends. (Author's Note: For real, my Criminal Justice Prof. would probably faint if she found out)

Soon after, the class started. Mrs. Young introduced the guests, and I heard multiple girls squealing as I shook my head. 

Sure, I was a fan of One Direction, but not to the extent that I'd scream if I saw them out in public. I'd most likely just smile and act for a picture. They're still people, they are just more influential and were thrown into the spotlight.

Mrs. Young starts her lecture, writing different terms and key points on the board. I begin to rapidly type down everything she either says or writes on the board; it gives me something I can study and learn from, just in case I forget any of the information. 

I right click to fix all of my mistakes and then listen to Mrs. Young as she talks. After about an hour of the two-hour class is over, we move onto the Criminal-Law section, one of my favorite parts.