Chapter 6

Once we get to my house, I immediately go into my room while the boys stay in the van with Paul. I throw a whole bunch of different types of clothes into my duffel bags, hangers included. Then, I grab all of my office stuff and the essentials from the bathroom. I do a once-over and make sure I have everything, then move to the kitchen. 

I unload everything from the fridge into a freezer-bag, packing it gently as to not break anything. I load everything into my car, pressing the trunk shut so it will close properly. Paul gets out and walks over to me, and I lean back on my trunk. 

"So, will there be more than one vehicle there? Just in case the boys need to go somewhere and you're already out with a car?" he asks, brushing his hands through his hair. 

"Yes, there will be more than one vehicle there. Do the boys already have all of their stuff packed?" I ask and he nods. 

"The trunk is full to the brim with their bags," he laughs, shaking his head at the boys who are watching us through the window. 

"Alright, let's get this show on the road," I say, turning around and getting into my car.

I drive windy roads, opening all my windows and blasting my music. Paul follows close on my tail, as to not lose me. After about an hour, we're finally at my secret hideaway: the cabin. We grab all of the bags and bring them inside. 

I drop my bags into my claimed room (pictured above) and write my name on the small whiteboard hanging on the door, like you'd see in a dressing room at a clothes store. I haul the freezer bag, which is full to the brim with food, down the stairs and into the large kitchen, unloading all of the food into its proper place.

I help the boys carry in their bags, and set them in the living room. "Okay, on the front of every door, there is a small whiteboard with a marker. When you claim your room, to make it easy for everyone to get around, just write your name on the board. Other than that, the house is all yours. You are free to do as you want; just please, try not to break anything. I'm gonna go to the stables and check on the horses." 

They all nod and I walk to the entrance, slipping on a pair of worker-boots and walking outside. I wave goodbye to Paul, who was leaving the driveway, and walk to the stable. The horses are all in the different stalls. They are being taken care of by a man my Uncle hired, so the food dishes are all full, and the stalls are clean. 

I walk over to the horse I normally ride, a Blue Roan Stallion named Jackson, and clip the lead onto his halter. I lead him out of the stall and outside. I tie him to the fence, grabbing my normal saddle and bridle. I put the riding blanket over his back and hook up the saddle, then the bridle. I untie Jackson, flipping the reins over his ears, placing it by the handle on the saddle. I walk around to his left side, putting my foot in the stirrup and jumping up, swinging my right leg over and hooking it on the right stirrup. 

Fully adjusted on the saddle, I lightly nudge his sides, making him start to walk forwards. I hear the door to the house open and I turn him around to see Niall walk outside. The boys look out of the kitchen window as Niall slowly approaches, not wanting to spook my horse. 

"It's okay, Niall. He doesn't spook easy." Niall slowly approaches and raises his hand, wanting to pet him. I grab his hand and place it on the side of Jackson's neck. He whinnies as Niall begins to scratch the side of his neck, being careful not to hurt him. 

"You wanna' ride?" I ask. He nods his head, but looks nervous. 

"Alright, I'll bring him by the steps of the house. You can sit right behind me so I can hold the reins and stirrups. Don't be scared. Like I said, he's the calmest horse we have. He doesn't spook easy." I say, calming his nerves. 

I lightly tap his sides with the stirrups and make him move. I ride over to the steps by the front porch, Niall walking right beside. 

Niall steps up to the top step. I turn the horse so Niall is standing by his left side, the proper side to get on a horse. I scoot forwards on the saddle, making room for Niall behind me. 

"Now, just swing your right leg over and just hop on like you would a bike. If you need to, you can hold onto my shoulder for support." Niall nods. 

I can tell he is nervous, but determined. We didn't talk much today, so I was surprised to see him taking an initiative. He gets on, immediately wrapping his arms around my waist, obviously scared of falling. 

"Don't worry, you won't fall off. We'll take it slow, since I'm imagining this is your first-time riding." I say, backing Jackson away from the stairs and walking him towards the field. 

I hear the door open and we both look in that direction to see the rest of the boys walking out of the house. Liam has his phone out and is either recording or taking pictures. 

"Having fun, Niall?" Harry asks, looking up at us. Niall laughs, "well, we haven't gone anywhere yet, so I don't know yet."

"What's its name?" Zayn asks, motioning to the horse. "This is Jackson. He is the calmest horse here, and loves to run." I say, winking at Liam, who I have determined is recording, based on him still keeping his camera up. 

"Can we run? Well not . . . can you have the horse run?" Niall asks, clearly nervous. 

"Are you sure? I mean, it's your first-time riding, right? Are you sure you're ready to run already?" I ask. He nods into my shoulder, tightening his grip on my waist. 

"Alright, but we're gonna' trot around a little bit to warm him up a little bit. Boys, why don't you wait by the gate into the field. Make sure it's open; we'll run past that way." 

They nod and I lightly tap at Jackson's sides, leading him into a trot. After three laps around the house, I see the boys waiting by the open gate to the field.

"Are you ready?" I ask Niall over my shoulder, tightening my grip on the reins. Niall nods into my shoulder, tightening his grip around me. 

I click my tongue and nudge Jackson's sides, steering him towards the field with the reins. He breaks out into a run, kicking some dirt behind him as he breaks for the field. 

"Holy shit!" I hear the boys say as we pass them and gallop into the field. I do a large circle around the field, then go back towards the boys, slowing down into a canter as we head towards them.

The boys are all wide-eyed, leaning on the fence. I walk Jackson over to the fence and help Niall get off, standing on the middle of the fence before climbing his way down, his hands on top of Liam's shoulder to support him. 

I trot Jackson into the stable, slinging myself off. Bringing him into his stall. I take off his bridle and saddle, tugging them out of the room and into storage, placing it back onto the stand. 

"That was so much fun!" Niall gushes as I close the stall door, scratching Jackson's nose as he sticks his head through the window in the door, whinnying.

"Maybe later we can all go riding. Take the horses and go on a ride to the lake, go swimming." I suggest, watching as they all nod. 

I close the stable doors and we all walk towards the house. By now, it is starting to get dark, so I'd better get started on dinner. We all walk into the house and I tell the guys to watch TV for a little while until I can get dinner done. They nod, and I walk into the kitchen. 

Grabbing all of the ingredients, I decide on making spaghetti. I don't care who you are, everyone likes spaghetti.