Chapter 47

As we near the warehouse, I slow down into a trot, motioning for everyone to be quiet. I stop where I stopped yesterday, just in front of the building. We dismount the horses and have two of the warriors watch the horses while we raid the building. As our group is creeping towards the front door, I get a mind-link from Liam. 

'Hon, it's Liam. I just wanted to let you know that the second you come back, you need to go and console Harry. He's so scared and hasn't stopped crying since you left. He's convinced you're not coming back'. 

I feel a tear slip down my cheek but I ignore it. 

'I will, but let me get Zayn back first, yeah?' I mind-link back before closing the link.

I grab my gun from my holster and raise it in front of me, signaling for one of the warriors to open the door. He opens it slowly, creeping inside. I follow suit, the other warriors and the Alpha behind me.

The room is lit with industrial lights. There are large boxes everywhere, some opened and some still sealed with clear tape. One of the open boxes contains large food rations; this was going to be their base of operations. 

I turn to the Alpha, "Before we leave, we need to burn this place to the ground. Look at the food boxes; this is going to be their base of operations." 

He nods and we continue through the corridors. I hear someone coming down the hallway. I motion everybody to scatter, myself and the Alpha ending up in a stairwell that leads down. I shrug at him and walk down the stairs, stopping at the open arch. I lean my head to the left and right, checking for anyone in the area. When no one appears, we creep into the corridor.

Stopping at a large metal door, I look over at the Alpha, who shrugs. Why the hell is there this industrial metal door in a warehouse. I pull open the large door, sticking out the doorstop with my foot. I hold my hand over my mouth to keep myself from screaming.

There are cells, of some sort. Each cell has a bed, a toilet, and an IV stand. Each cell is occupied by a different person, hooked up to the IVs. They all lay on the beds, motionless; asleep or dead, I'm not quite sure which. 

"That's where they all went. These are my men! We thought they just decided to leave!" the Alpha whisper-shouts and stops talking, concentrating. He most likely mind-linked the others to tell them where he was and what was happening.

I walk through the corridor, looking at each person. What the hell is in those IVs? 

"Hey, does Zayn have black hair and some tattoos?" the Alpha asks from the end of the corridor. 

I rush over, looking through the cell walls. There lies Zayn; an IV tube running into his arm, completely asleep on the bed. I try the door but it's locked; we need to get those damn keys.