Chapter 10

Finally, it's time for the transformation to take place. I position the boys on the stone, around the paw print, and instruct them to close their eyes. Then, it happens.

Their bodies start to emit a yellow hue, something only a wolf can see; the only thing humans can see during the transformation is northern lights as they appear on the top of the mountain it is occurring on. The backs of their necks are painlessly inscribed with the signal, each of them shifting into their wolf.

Niall has dirty-blonde fur and dashing blue eyes like the ocean. Harry has dark brown fur and eyes as green as emeralds. Louis has a slightly lighter brown than Harry, and a mix of Niall and Harry's eyes; a sea green. Liam has light brown fur and brown eyes. Zayn has black fur and hazel eyes, a little bit lighter than Liam's.

During the shift, I start to feel weird; something I have never felt before. A tingling sensation travels up and down my back. I look over my shoulder; it's as if my back is glowing. It's the same color that is radiating off of the boys. I reach out to touch it, feeling the warm sensation. I don't' have anything I can use to see it on me; I make a mental note to check what it is when we get back to the cabin tomorrow night.

The boys stand up and observe each other. Through their mind-link, which every wolf gets as a form of communication, they start talking, and then freak out over why no one's mouths are moving. I laugh, shaking my head and they all turn to look at me. 

"You boys are talking through a mind-link. It's something that only wolves can communicate in. If a human were to see you, they can't hear you talking." I explain to them, seeing the realization flash across their eyes as they nod. 

"So, this is what our wolves look like," Zayn says as they look around the circle at each other. Louis nips Harry's tail and Harry quickly spins around, growling at Louis, who cowers behind Niall. I shake my head at their antics, observing how they are all reacting.

Liam looks at me, wondering. "What is it, Liam?" I ask, crinkling my eyebrows. 

"What does your wolf look like?" he asks, seating himself on the ground. I raise my eyebrow at him, noticing the other boys turn around, hearing Liam's question, as they all start wondering themselves. I shift before their eyes, turning into a wolf. 

My wolf has the same eyes as me; my eyes can change color from a blue, to green, to grey, and my mother swears that at one point, she had seen them violet. But my hair color, unlike the boys', is not the same as my fur color. My wolf is a striking white wolf, not a speck of dirt on it as I shift.

Their eyes go wide, looking at my fur color, which is unlike theirs. 

"How come your hair color is not the same as your fur color?" Harry asks, looking between the others and them. 

"My mother had a gene in her when she was a wolf that meant her children could be born with white fur. My brother's fur was the same as his hair, but when I was born, my fur was white. I was the only white wolf in the entire pack." I explain, seating myself on the ground. I shift back into human, looking at them. 

"We need to get going soon, so shift back into human. To shift, just think about your body turning back into human form. You wouldn't want to end up as a human with a wolf's tail," I joke with them, but they all look horrified. 

"I was joking, that can't happen," I laugh, gaining a playful glare from the rest of them.

 As I mount my horse, I hear the boys shift behind me, standing up from the ground. They mount their horses, and with an excited glint in their eyes, we ride back down to where we set up camp.

By the time we reach the tent, it's nearly two o'clock. We tie up the horses and stumble into the tent, not bothering to make a fire. I snuggle down onto the ground, falling into a deep sleep before the boys even lay down.