Chapter 24

When I wake up the next morning, I'm lying in a bed, but not my bed. There is an arm wrapped around my waist and my head is lying on someone's chest. I lift up my head, observing the room around me. 

It's Zayn's room; I'm lying on his chest and he has both of his arms wrapped around my waist, holding me like he was scared that he would wake up and I would not be there, merely a figment of his imagination. I glance over at the clock: 9:00 am. 

The aroma of pancakes and bacon is drifting upstairs from the kitchen, meaning that if we wanted to get food in our stomachs before Niall showed up, we should probably get downstairs fast.

I lean closer to him and lightly kiss Zayn, feeling him smile on my lips as he woke up from his slumber. 

"You should wake me up like this more often," he says, sitting up and stretching his arms out, releasing me from his hold. I stand up off the bed, looking down at my clothes; definitely not what I was in yesterday during the movie. 

I shake my head, not caring if they changed my clothes or not, seeing as we are all mates. I lift the shirt by its collar and inhale the smell; it's Zayn's shirt, smelling distinctly like him. 

"I have to wake the other boys. I would head downstairs before I wake Niall up, supposing that he isn't already downstairs, trying to snatch some bacon from the skillet." I say, turning to walk out of the room. Zayn grabs my hand, quickly spinning me around and pulls me to his chest, wrapping his arms around my waist and pressing his lips softly onto mine. 

"Just wanted one more kiss, you know, just to make sure you're real." He says, kissing me once more, slapping my bum as I walk out of the room. I laugh softly, shaking my head as I walk into my room.

Pulling some clothes out of my closet, I get dressed in a pair of ripped jeans and a white sweater, letting the left sleeve slip down my shoulder a little bit. Walking down the hall to Louis' room, I knock on the door softly, slowly opening it. He was laying on the bed, his back propped up against the headboard as he looked down at his computer that sat on his lap. 

"Harry is downstairs making breakfast," I say, smiling softly at him. He looks up from his computer, noticing my entrance to his room and nods, discarding his computer on the nightstand and walking out of the room, saying thank you. I nod, walking to Liam's room, expecting him to already be awake. I'm shocked when I find him bundled up in his blankets, still in a deep sleep.

I walk over to the side of his bed, softly climbing up and seating myself on his waist, straddling him. I lean down, pressing a soft kiss on his forehead, then one on each cheek. 

As I'm about to sit up, his hand reaches up to the back of my neck, pulling my lips down to meet his. I kiss him back, feeling him smile against my lips. His hands rest lightly on my cheeks, eyes still closed. Pulling back from the kiss and sitting up, his eyes flutter open, smiling lazily from sleep. 

"That really is the best way to be woken up," he says, letting his hands drop to rest on my waist. 

"I'll have to remember that," I joke, lifting myself up off of his waist, stepping down onto the ground. 

"I'm gonna' go and wake up Niall. Can you save me a piece of bacon?" I ask, walking over to the door. Liam nods, climbing out of the bed, slightly shivering from the touch of the cold floor. He presses a light kiss to my cheek, walking out of the door and down the stairs. 

I wait a few seconds, watching him walk away before going over to Niall's door, knocking softly on the wooden exterior before twisting the handle, walking inside.

Niall sniffles, sitting up in bed and wiping his eyes, looking over to me. 

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask, walking over to his bed. He nods his head, smiling softly at me, "I just miss home a bit, that's all." I smile sadly, climbing to the other side of the bed, lying next to him. 

"So, what part of Ireland do you miss?" I ask, looking over at the teary-eyed boy. "Well, I actually just miss Mullingar in general. It's not only my family that I miss; I just miss Ireland, I guess. It's weird, I know." I nod my head, running my hand through his soft blonde-locks. 

"If you could pick one place in Ireland that you miss more than Mullingar, where would it be?"

He ponders my question, thinking about it. Then, he smiles a little bit more, "Dublin. I definitely miss Dublin a lot." 

"Which part of Dublin? I mean, you have north of the bridge, or south of the bridge? Do you miss that strip with the whole bunch of shops on it with the Starbucks on the corner, or do you miss the park by Trinity College?" I ask, trying to picture the place I had been the year before.

I don't miss the way his eyes light up as he sits up, me doing the same as I smile at him. 

"Wait a second, have you been to Ireland?" he asks, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. 

"Yes, I have. I went to Ireland the summer between eleventh and twelfth grades. I started on the far west coast in Shannon, then drove south, then all the way north by the Giant's Causeway and Dark Hedges, then I went to Dublin on the far East. I flew out of Dublin after spending three nights there. We stayed in a place named Kenmare for a few nights. The apartment we rented was owned by the pub across the street, which is where we ate for the time we were there. That was my favorite place we ate at. My favorite place to be in Ireland was in this huge park near Trinity College in Dublin, though. It was so beautiful, since we went there during the summer." I say, reminiscing on the memories.

Niall wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me towards him. He buries his face into my neck, my head resting against his as I wrap my arms around him. After a minute or two, I release from the hug. 

"We should probably get downstairs and eat," I say, sliding off of the bed, walking towards the door, him following close behind. We walk down the stairs, talking about different places around Dublin. I laugh, hearing about how when he was younger, he was running around and actually fell into the fountain at the park in Dublin. By the time we get into the kitchen with the rest of the boys, his cheeks had slightly reddened from the embarrassment while I laughed, throwing my head back and clutching my stomach. 

"I'm so glad that didn't happen to me while I was there; that would've been so embarrassing!" I say, wiping my eyes. 

"Yeah, you're right, it WAS embarrassing!" he says, laughing with me and nodding his head. I take a seat on the end by Liam while Niall sits between Zayn and Harry.

"What were you two talking about?" Liam asks, handing me a plate with some pancakes and bacon on it. 

"When I went to wake Niall up for breakfast, he was a little homesick about Ireland. So, I talked with him about when I took a trip to Ireland a few years ago. I told him about a park that I went to in Dublin near Trinity College, and then he brought up that he fell into the fountain in that park when he was younger with his family." I say, cutting into the pancakes with my fork and eating a small bite. 

Liam laughs, shaking his head at the younger boys' antics. He places his arm around my waist, resting his hand on the small of my back as we all ate, talking about embarrassing things we had done as children.