Chapter 58

Liam carries me up the stairs and into his room, gently laying me on his bed and covering me up, lying next to me. 

"You can sleep with me tonight; that way, if I notice that your bandage needs to be changed, I can do it so you can keep sleeping." He says, placing a kiss on my forehead and grabbing a book.

"Li, you don't have to stay up all night because of me. That's going to not only make me feel worse physically, but psychologically. I'll feel horrible if you don't get any sleep." I whine, wrapping my arm around him, slightly wincing as I put pressure on my injury.

"But if you need your bandage changed in the middle of the night, who will do it?" he asks, frowning. 

"I have an idea, actually. Can you go and grab my medical bag from my bed? I need a few things from it," I ask and he nods quickly, springing himself from the bed and out the door, returning a few seconds later with my bag.

I slowly sit myself up, grabbing the three things I needed: another large gauze pad, a bottle of water, and some painkillers. I thank him, setting the stuff on the nightstand. 

I wrap the extra bandage around my wound to keep it from bleeding through in the middle of the night. Then, I take the painkillers, sipping some water from the bottle to help myself ingest it. 

I lay back down, curling up beneath his blankets. I move away the blankets from the other side of the bed, patting the spot next to me. 

Liam sighs, knowing he won't win and lays down next to me; he's on his back, worried that if he touches me he'll hurt me. I roll my eyes, scooting myself towards him and laying my head down on his chest, my arm wrapped around him. 

He gives in, wrapping his arms around my waist, holding me close. I fall into a deep sleep, listening to the sound of his heartbeat.

When I wake up the next morning, Liam isn't in bed. I look around the room, my eyes landing on the clock: 10:00 am. Wow, this is the latest I've woken up in a while. I sigh, lifting myself off of the bed. I walk into my room, walking over to the mirror. 

I lift up my shirt and pant leg and peel off my bandages, examining my wounds. The wound on my leg has completely healed due to the fast healing. Most of the lacerations on my abdomen had also healed, except for the biggest one, which was still there. It had partly healed, but still had another day or two to go until it would be completely healed. I replace my bandages and change into sweatpants, a tank top and a cardigan. I walk down the stairs, in a lot less pain than yesterday.

I walk into the kitchen, suddenly smelling the aroma of bacon and eggs. The boys are gathering food from the pans and putting it onto their plates. I walk in, grabbing a plate and dishing myself some food, sitting down at the end of the island. "How far have you healed?" Niall asks, sitting down at the other end of the island, his mouth already full of eggs. "Most of my wounds are healed except for the big one on my abdomen. I'd give it another day or two before it's completely healed," I say, taking a bite of bacon. Louis sits down next to me, the other boys between him and Niall. He rests his hand lightly on my thigh as we all eat, his fingers tracing circles on my skin. Liam stands up, gathering everyone's plates and bringing them to the sink.

I slide off of the chair, walking into the office. I grab all of the books from the table, placing them back in their proper places on the shelf. I grab the map from the table and roll it up, leaning it against the wall. 

As I'm dusting around the books, I hear the door open from behind me. I turn around, seeing Louis standing in the doorway, his hands in his pockets. 

"Wanna' join me for a movie? The other lads are going to go for a jog and go swimming. I said I would stick behind with you, since you're injured and probably won't be able to go with." He says, leaning against the wall. 

"Yeah; how about you go and pick out a movie while I finish cleaning up in here." 

Louis nods his head, walking out of the room. I finish dusting, throwing everything into the trash before exiting the room, walking over to the living room.