Chapter 32

Liam is sitting up, rubbing his eyes. I walk over to him and sit down on the bed next to him. I put my hands on the back of his neck and pull him down to meet my lips. 

He instantly responded, wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I swing my leg over his waist so I'm straddling him, lightly pressing him back against the pillows. The pads of his fingers press lightly against the skin of my back exposed by my shirt riding up. 

Before it gets any more heated, I separate our lips, pressing my forehead against his to catch my breath. He opens his eyes, looking deeply into mine. 

"What was that for?" he asks, a lazy smile prominent on his face. I stop smiling, remembering what happened just five minutes earlier and he took notice immediately. 

"What happened?"

I frown, taking another deep breath. 

"I need you to stay calm; the situation has been handled and he has been taken care of, but you're not going to like this. Just know that he is probably going to be either exiled or executed; the Alpha has yet to decide what to do with him, but I'm betting he'll be executed. He knows too much about this pack and the Alpha has a soft spot for me." 

Liam frowns, starting to get more and more worried. 

"What did he do to you?" he asks. 

I sit up straight, moving the collar of my shirt out of the way, exposing the bruising on my neck. He gasped, slowly tracing his fingers across the prominently hand-shaped bruise. 

"That bastard," Liam says, trying to stand up, filled with rage. 

I hold him down onto the bed, wrapping my legs around his waist. 

"No, Liam. It has been handled, and like I said, he is most likely going to be executed. It's over. He's not going to bother you or me, or anyone for that matter, ever again." I say. 

I lean forward, my head resting  in the crook of his neck, deeply inhaling his scent to calm myself down. He wraps his arms tightly around my waist, his head rested against mine. He sighs, rubbing his hand up and down my back. 

"Can we please just go?" I ask and I feel him nod. He leans me back, pressing his lips against mine once more before he pulled back, standing up. I followed him out of the house, us mounting my Motorcycle and immediately driving off.

Just like he had on the way there, on the way back home he peppered soft kisses along my neckline. This time, it was different. He did it to distract me from the bruises, and to distract himself so he wouldn't make me turn around so he could pummel the warrior. The rat that got my entire family killed before my eyes.