Chapter 11

The next morning, I wake up to the smell of soup. I sit up confused, realizing that I was the last one to wake up. I open the tent's zipper to see all of the boys sitting around the fire, heating up the cans of soup and pouring them into their bowls. 

"Good mornin', Sarah" Niall says, handing me a bowl and motioning for me to sit down in between him and Zayn. I sit down, thanking him for the bowl and begin to eat my soup.

We eat in a comfortable silence, juicing ourselves up for the trek back home. "We should be home by tonight so we can sleep in our actual beds. You finish eating; we can pack up the tent quickly." Liam says. He finishes his bowl of soup, placing his container into a bag. He starts to empty the tent, placing everything inside into bags. 

Zayn finishes up next, then goes to assist Liam, Harry following suit. "What's up with you guys today?" I ask the two remaining at the fire. "What do you mean, love?" Louis asks, continuing to take spoon-fulls of soup. 

"I mean, you were all awake before me, and now you're offering to put everything away so we can get on the road. I'm just surprised is all," I say, looking behind me at the boys and continuing to eat. 

"We wanted to do something nice, since you did something pretty big for us last night. It seems only fair that we try and pay you back," Niall chimes in, continuing to slurp his soup into his mouth.

Once we are all done eating and everything is put into the bags and loaded onto the horses, we mount the horses, starting the long ride back to the cabin. We mess around along the way, telling jokes and laughing about old memories. 

Once we got back to the cabin, we rode the horses into their stalls. The boys offered to clean up the horses and grab the equipment off, but I said I would do it; they would not know how to take everything off. Instead, I had them bring the bags inside and put away the stuff. 

I begin my work with the horses, calling my Uncle's caretaker to come and finish up. All I had to do was put away all of their equipment; he was paid to do the rest for us.

Quickly rinsing my hands in the well water, I walk back inside, seeing all of the boys sat down on the ground in the living room watching The Big Bang Theory. I settle down in between Zayn and Louis, leaning back against a pillow. I start to fall asleep, feeling two pairs of arms wrap around me.

The next morning when I wake up, everyone is still asleep. I look around at the boys, noticing how peaceful they look. I glance over at the digital clock, seeing the number 6:41 in bold red numbers displayed on the clock. 

Wondering why I had woke up so early, I sit up, taking a look around the room. Then, I hear it. The noise that probably woke me up. A noise came from the basement.