Chapter 33

Back at the house, the boys immediately see the bruising on my neck. Liam pulls them into the living room to explain everything that happened. I was going to join them, but instead, I decided to go upstairs and check on Niall, who they said they put on bedrest. 

Knocking on the door, I heard a soft "come in" from inside. I open the door, walking in and sitting on the edge of the bed. 

Niall scooted himself over, making room on the bed and patted the spot next to him. I quickly lay down in the bed, my head rested on his shoulder as we both stared at the computer that lay on his lap. 

"How was that pack visit?" he asked, continuing to scroll on Twitter. 

"It was eventful, I'll just say that," I say, not wanting to bring up what happened with Clay. 

"What happened?" Niall asked, sitting up and glancing down at me with worry. His eyes landed on my neck and I sighed, smiling sadly at him.

"Who did this to you?" he demanded, his normally bubbly exterior clouded with anger. 

"Don't worry yourself with it, Ni. He's most likely being executed as we speak. He was giving information to the rogues and actually helped them in planning the raid that happened to my pack which got everyone killed. If what he did to me would get him caught, I'd do it again in a heartbeat; that bastard needed to be caught," I say.

Niall moved swiftly, moving to lay on his left side, facing me. 

"Don't talk like that. You did not deserve what happened to you." He says softly, moving his right hand to rest across my waist on my hip. 

"I've never been that good with women, so I'm just going to say this quick before I start stuttering. I know that you and the other boys are mates; they explained everything to me after you and Liam left. Is there any chance that I am also your mate?" he asks, his hand beginning to rub small circles on my hip. 

"Yes, Niall. We are mates. How did you figure it out?" I ask, looking at his eyes to gage his reaction to everything. 

"When I look at you, you are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, and I hope you see that." He says and leans down towards me, pressing his lips against mine. I respond instantly, placing one hand on his shoulder and the other on his cheek.

Just like Louis, it's not a hungry or desperate kiss. It's slow and sweet, the feeling of his soft lips on mine. His hand rubs up and down my side before resting on my hip, pressing himself closer to me. 

I slide my hand from his cheek to the back of his neck, twirling a strand of hair around my finger. I can feel his lips vibrating against mine as he hums pleasurably deep in his chest as I gently pull on a strand of hair at the nape of his neck, right above his pack tattoo. 

His hold on my hips slowly tightens in a pleasurable way as his tongue licks almost hesitantly at my bottom lip. I give in, his tongue exploring the crevices in my mouth before he pulls away, moving his lips on a trail from my jawline to the crook of my neck where he gently sucks and nips at the skin, leaving a small mark of his own, before moving back to my lips. 

The kiss continues, not getting any more heated until he pulls away, resting his forehead against mine, regaining his breath as I struggle to do the same.

"Mate," he whispers hastily, his breath lingering on my Cupid's Bow. "Mate" I whisper back, pecking him once more on the lips. He smiles, laying down once more, his head on my chest and arm wrapped lazily around my waist. We stay like this and it doesn't take long for both of us to fall into a much-needed sleep.