Chapter 37

After we haul everything inside, the boys offer to put the living-room together for a movie night while Harry and I put everything away. I nod, but say that we need to eat dinner first. I put the ingredients for my famous Fettuccine Alfredo out onto the island: a stick or ½ cup of butter, 8 oz. of cream cheese, 1 pint of heavy whipping cream, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, salt, pepper, 2/3 cup of grated parmesan, and fettuccine noodles (uncooked).

I fill up my pot with water and place it onto the stove, lighting the flame under it. Letting it start to boil, I put my largest saucepan on the other burner, turning it onto a low heat and adding the butter. Once the butter has melted, I add in the cream cheese, melding them together until the cream cheese is softened and mixed with the butter (as much as possible), turning the heat up and down as needed as to not burn anything, but never letting it go above medium heat.

Once the cream cheese is softened, I add in the heavy whipping cream, the garlic powder, and guestimate how much salt and pepper is needed, adding that as well from the shakers we keep on the stovetop. I turn up the burner a little higher, stirring every now and again to make sure it does not burn on the bottom of the saucepan, turning the heat up and down as needed. By this point, the water in the large pot should be starting to boil. I grab a handful of fettuccine noodles, cutting them in half so they will fit in the pot of water, only using about half of the box of fettuccine noodles in total. 

Stirring both pots every once and a while, I boil everything for around ten to fifteen minutes; you know the noodles are done by grabbing one out with a fork and tasting it. They will be too chewy and slightly hard, getting stuck in your teeth if they are not done. I know the sauce is about to get done when a rift of butter appears around the edges of the saucepan; it's almost a yellowish color, but looks clear compared to the dark interior of my saucepans. 

When that appears, stir the sauce once more, adding in the parmesan cheese. Let it sit on a low heat for another few minutes so everything melds together. While you are letting it sit, by now the noodles should be fully cooked, so I place the drainer into the sink, grabbing a towel to keep from burning my hands on the handles and pick up the large pot of noodles, dumping them and the water into the drainer, letting the water pour out. I place the pot back onto the burner, turning that one off.

I then grab the drainer, shaking it around to ensure that all of the water has gone out of the bottom. Then, I simply place the drainer back on top of the pan which should now be empty, grab a utensil of your choosing, and it is ready to serve, once you stir the sauce once more and turn off the burner.

Personally, I like a vegetable with it. There are these Steam-Fresh frozen broccoli florets that you can get at your local grocery store. You put them in your microwave for the directed time and once they are completely done, I like to add a handful of them to my plate. I personally really like broccoli and it tastes really good mixed with the sauce and the noodles, which you can spread extra cheese over if you feel like it. 

(Author's Note: This is actually a real recipe, and it's the closest I have found to Olive Garden's fettuccine alfredo. If you need help cooking it, just look above! I tried to be as descriptive as possible with how it's cooked.)

After plating everything, I put the plates down on the island, one plate for everybody, and put away the extra sauce and noodles into Tupperware containers and into the fridge to have as leftovers. I walk into the living room and tell the boys that the food is all done and at the island. 

They all shuffle into the room, sitting down at their spots, leaving one open for me between Harry and Niall. I sit down, swirling the noodles around my fork and grabbing up a piece of broccoli, eating the delicious goodness. It really is an amazing recipe.