Chapter 45

(A/N: Jaren is pictured above!)

After about twenty minutes, I come to a stop as the scent starts to get extremely strong. I draw my gun and creep towards the scent, stopping when a large building comes into view. It looks like a warehouse that you would find in a city, except it's beaten down, surrounded by trees and covered in vines. I grab out my phone and record my coordinates, turning Jaren around and galloping back to the cabin.

After I put Jaren away, I rush into the cabin, going directly to the study, where I find Liam, Niall, Harry and Louis, examining the map. I lean down to the table and grab out my phone, pulling up the coordinates. I plot it out on the map and make a large circle around it, placing the pen back down. 

"That's where they have him. It's an old warehouse out in the woods, about twenty minutes from here. I can get him back, but I need backup. There is another pack in the area having the same rogue problem that we are. I'm going to give the alpha a call." I say, stepping out of the room. I quickly dial the alpha's number, seeing the boys watching me from the corner of my eye.

"Hello? Sarah?" he asks, quickly answering the phone. 

"Why did you not tell me he escaped," I shout into the phone. I hear him sigh on the other end of the line. 

"I thought we could track him down quickly, but that has proved to be a challenge. We are actually about to send another team, including myself, to find him. Wait . . . how did you know he escaped?" He asks. I breathe deeply before answering. 

"He and some other rogues came to the cabin while Liam and I weren't here. The boys are lucky to be alive; not only did he attack them, but he took Zayn. I managed to follow their scent before it disappeared. I found a warehouse that I believe he is holding Zayn at. Help me find Zayn, and I will help you find him." I negotiate, looking back at the boys. 

"We'll be at the cabin in an hour," he says, hanging up the phone. I place my phone into my back pocket, nodding my head at the boys. 

"The reinforcements will be here in one hour," I repeat the Alpha.

The boys sigh in relief. 

"But . . . you're not going, right?" Harry asks, crinkling his eyebrows. 

I sigh, "Yes, I have to go. And you boys cannot. And don't try and argue with me on this. You three were just attacked and are all still hurt, and Liam needs to be here to protect you boys in case another group of rogues attack while I'm gone. I'm the only one who knows where the warehouse is, where Zayn is. I have to go. Now, why don't we settle in for a bit and watch a movie until they get here, huh?"

The boys nod sadly at me, walking over to the couch. Liam immediately pulls me down onto his lap, wrapping his arms around my waist. Louis sits down on my left and lays down, placing his head on my lap while Niall sits down on my right, leaning his head against my shoulder. Harry sits down at my feet, leaning back against my legs. I run my fingers through Louis' hair, looking down at him. Harry flicks on the TV with the remote, putting on the first thing that comes on: Supernatural.

It's quiet as we watch the show. Not an awkward silence, but a comfortable one. I just want to cherish all the time I have with the boys in case something goes wrong during the raid. I try mind-linking Zayn, but it still isn't working; he must be asleep, either by his own will or theirs.

After almost an hour, there is a knock at the door. Louis' eyes widen as they all look towards the door with sad faces. I get up off of the couch and open the door, letting the Alpha and his members inside. 

"How are they?" Alpha Jeremy asks me, eyeing the boys. 

"They're shaken up, but they'll be okay. We all just want to get Zayn back. Alpha, why don't you and your best warriors follow me into the study. I can show you exactly where it is on a map and we can make a plan." 

The Alpha nods and he follows me, motioning for three of the men to follow him. We go into the study and close the door. I stand next to the map, the Alpha on my right. 

I point at the place I found the warehouse at, "This is where it is. I didn't risk getting any closer for the chance that I may get spotted, but I was able to see at least where it was and what it looked like. I don't know what the inside looks like, but on the outside, it's an abandoned warehouse surrounded by trees and nearly covered in weeds and vines. Based on the tracks and smells, it hasn't been occupied until recently. But I smelled Zayn's scent going into the warehouse, but there was nothing fresher than that. He has to be in there. And if he's there, I'm willing to bet that Clay is too."