Chapter 53

After we eat, I gather the dishes and place them into the sink, beginning to scrub them clean. I hear a loud knock at the door. I look towards the living room, hearing someone walk towards the door. 

"Alpha, come on in." I hear Liam say. I wipe off my hands with the dishtowel as I walk to join them by the front door. 

"Hello, I just wanted to let you know that the rogues found out we were at the building; things are shifting gears. Are you ready to fight?" the Alpha asks, crossing his arms over his chest. 

"I'm ready; tell me where and when." I say, looking up at him. 

"I have a feeling he is going to attack soon, and he is going to come for your pack. Of all packs in the area, you have the least members; they think you're an easy target. So, I was thinking that we could set a trap of some kind."

I look between the Alpha and Liam, who is just standing there, somewhat awkwardly, not knowing what to say. 

"Alpha, I want to show you something. Liam, can you really quick go and check on Zayn? Make sure he isn't moving around too much and tiring himself out?" 

Liam nods his head and walks up the stairs, understanding that I want to talk to the Alpha alone. 

I lead the Alpha into the study and shut the door behind us, beckoning for him to sit down. He does, and I lean against the table, looking at him. 

"These rogues aren't what you think. At first, I thought that they were trying to take control of the mountain, but it's different. Clay knows I'm alive, he's coming after me. When he attacked me at the pack house, he said that I should've been his mate, not the boys' mate. That's why he took Zayn; it was to get me to go after him and set up a trap. He just didn't expect me to be able to find him so quickly. He's not after them anymore. He's after me." I say, looking down at him.

"Okay, so if you're right, and he's after you, why does he keep on hurting your mates?" he asks, looking concerned. 

"Because he's hoping that if he gets rid of them, he could have me all to himself. And no, the boys are not going to like this, but we need to attack before they get the chance. I will not risk them getting hurt again."

He considers my option, then nods his head swiftly. "Let's take these bastards out."