Chapter 14

There was a wolf in the middle of my back with Latin lettering stretching up to the nape of my neck and down to my lower back. Sadly, I had taken Swedish as a foreign language course instead of Latin. 

I think about postponing the run until I get this figured out, but I know that the boys need the training. So, as a compromise, I figure instead of swimming, I could do some research. 

After taking a picture of my new tattoo, I grab a small backpack from my closet and grab my notepad and small laptop, placing them inside. I sling the bag over my shoulder and go back to Zayn's door, knocking on it three times. 

"Come in! I'm almost ready; I just have to find my shirt." He says, his voice slightly muffled by the door. I walk in the room, seeing him clawing his way through a pile of clothes on his bed.

He has something on him that I had never noticed before: a tattoo on his back, almost identical to mine, except there is only one Latin phrase, whereas I have at least five. I examine the phrase, hoping I can make some sense of it, but I won't be sure until I get some time tonight to research. I quickly grab out my phone and snap a picture of the phrase, putting it away before Zayn notices.

I set down my water bottle on his night-stand and pick up the tank-top that I see on his pillow and hold it out, "Are you looking for this one?" I ask, laughing. 

His eyes widen, seeing the tank-top he had most likely been looking for, for the past twenty minutes. "Where was it?" He asks and I can't help but laugh at how helpless he looks in that moment. 

"Sitting neatly on your pillow, where you left it." I hand the shirt to him and he quickly slips it on, pulling it down his torso. I grab my water bottle and we both jog down the stairs, meeting the rest of the boys in the living-room. 

"If you boys want, you can put your bottles of water into my bag. I'm gonna' carry it to the lake." I say, opening the back compartment of the bag and placing my water in. The boys do the same and we all walk outside to the entrance of the trail of the woods. I shift, the boys doing the same. 

"Keep up, boys," I say in the mind-link, grabbing my bag in between my teeth and quickly sprinting down the trail.

I hear the boys directly behind me so I pick up my speed, zig zagging through the trees. When we finally get to the lake, the boys are all out of breath, like I suspected they would be. Liam, Harry, Zayn and Louis stood there and panted, slightly hunched over while Niall just full on collapsed next to the water. 

I laughed and shook my head, taking a drink out of the lake instead. "You guys can take a breather for a while and swim. I have something to look into," I say into the mind-link. I shift, grabbing out the water bottles and placing them onto the ground. 

I grab my laptop and notepad, walking over to a tree in the shade and sit down, leaning my back against it. Pulling out the picture of my back on my phone, I place it on the ground next to me, glancing down at it every few seconds as I pull up a translator on my computer. I hear the boys shift and jump into the water, splashing around.

"What are you looking up?" someone asks. I look up to see Liam approaching me, drinking from his water bottle. 

"Someone sent me a picture of a tattoo on someone's back, they want to know what it means. I told them I would translate the tattoo." I say, grabbing my phone and showing him the picture, hoping he won't notice that it's my room in the background. He nods, some of his hair slightly brushing over his face. 

"Do you need any help with it?" He asks, crinkling his eyebrows. 

"Nah, I've got it. Why don't you go and swim with the boys and I will be over there when I'm done?" I say, looking up from the computer to face him, brushing some of my hair over my shoulder. He nods, gives me a small smile, and jogs back over to the boys.

I look up the phrases: Henricus, Ludovicus, Liacrus, Nimnus, Zanut (Author's Note: the last three are not real translations, it went to their real names and I needed something different). 

What I get is a complete shock to me. It's the boys' names. Does that mean . . . no, it can't. It must just be there because I was the only one in the pack until they were transformed. 

I shake the thought out of my head, then move onto Zayn's tattoo: Adelmarus. After seeing the boys' names tattooed on my back, it's no shock that mine is on his back. 

It's probably just because I was the only member of the pack until they transformed, making me the Alpha until I find my mate, that is, if he wants to take the role of Alpha.