4: Appointment

I woke up this morning next to Alfie. I then fled to the bathroom to throw up into the toilet.

Alfie woke up and came to support me, holding my hair back and rubbing my back telling me everything would be okay.

Alfie sat me down in the living room with a cup of tea to watch Good Morning Britain.

He poured me a bowl of my favourite cereal (Krave.) He handed me the bowl and then lay down next to me, rubbing my belly.

When I had finished my bowl of cereal, I walked into the bedroom to get dressed for the doctors appointment.

I wore some jeggings, a baggy jumper, my converses, no makeup and my hair into a messy bun.

I walked out to the living room to see Alfie stroking Pippin on his lap. I walked over to my favourite boys and petted Pippin.

Alfie glanced at his wrist only to realise he wasn't wearing a watch, looked at the clock and realised it was time to go.

He handed me my handbag and grabbed his car keys before we drove off to the hospital.

We sat in the waiting room for around 15 minutes before being called by our doctor, Mr Patterson.

He asked me basic questions, like how long I have been pregnant and also told me the do's and don'ts of pregnancy.

We then had a basic sonagram, that determined wether the baby was healthy or not. This was also the first time we'd see the baby on the screen and we'd be given a due date.

As the ultrasound began, the sound of the baby's heartbeat filled the room. I could see Alfie tearing up. The doctor said the baby was almost fully formed and would soon begin to grow.

It was overwhelming to know that our baby was healthy and the correct size that an 11 week old fetus would be.

We were also very excited to know my due date was March 2nd 2015, and this was August 8th. That was only 29 weeks away!

We received a copy of the ultrasound which we watched again when we returned home.

The only downside of this all is the fact I wanted to be married before I fell pregnant, but that could never happen now.