22: Celebration

We were now husband and wife. Spouses. A home. And soon to be family.

It all went so quickly, and was as we pulled up outside a Victorian hotel out in the countryside of London.

In the centre of the car circle, was a fountain spraying clear water. Alfie exited the car to the left, and guided me out while holding the door.

We were welcomed by the manager as they came outside to meet us and guided us through the hotel.

In the lobby, was salmon pink laced furniture and a dusty patterned rugs on the ground with unfamiliar paintings hanging on the walls in gold frames.

We then turned left, and was led to a small but decent sized hall. There was a table covered with a white sheet which I assumed would be where the buffet would go later that night.

Down two or three steps, the DJ was hiding away in a small area for his booth. He was in his 50's and was kindly asking us what music we preferred. We said modern day, there was nothing else to it really.

The only thing left was small bottles of bubbles in champagne shaped bottles as well as party poppers for the younger guests such as Darcy and other relatives.

The bar was up the few stairs and to the right. We were asked when we would like the buffet to be served. They recommended 6 or 7pm, but we knew Caspar wouldn't wait that long. So we asked for 5pm.

"I have a surprise." Alfie whispered.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"I wasn't going to leave you in your everyday clothes, so to make it seem real I got you this."

He them pulled out from the DJ booth the wedding dress I originally chose. It was a dress with thin straps, white sparkly material over the breasts, A silver sequin belt underneath, and then a lightweight skirt that would have came to halfway down my shin, but due to my bump at the front it was knee length.

I went to get changed in the toilets round the corner, as Alfie went outside to await the guests coming behind us.