23: Party

As the guests began to arrive, I was in the ladies toilets changing into my beautiful, what would have been wedding dress.

The sequins, glitter and eye makeup I had reapplied, made this all a reality. I mean, it was a reality, but it all came so quickly it was hard to believe.

Alfie knocked lightly at the door and opened the door slightly yet he still couldn't see in.

"You alright in there little one? Everyone's asking for you."

"I'm just coming Alf." I replied.

"Okay don't be long," he then exited.

I opened the ladies toilet door to see my little blonde friend in her flower girl dress.

"Zoe!" she ran up to me.

There was no more Shoey, she was in her first year of Primary school now. She was growing faster than a sunflower to the clouds.

She leaped into my arms, and pulled away to see me in my dress.

"You look very pretty." She told me.

"Why thank you Darcy, so are you!"

She giggled to herself before toddling back into Louise's arms.

"Chummy!" Louise squealed, as Matt led Darcy into the party hall.

"How are you?" I asked.

"Great!" She replied. "How about you?"

"I'm on cloud nine. I'm now married to Alfie!"

"I'm so happy for you Zo." she told me.

And then we rambled on and on about how the wedding was fantastic, about the baby and anything else that popped into our minds.

The night went very quickly before it was time for mine and Alfie's first dance. We danced to "Thinking out Loud." It was always Alfie's favourite fan video.

As he spun me, whispered flattering compliments in my ear and kissed me every now and again we would look into each others eyes, the happiest couple in the world.

"I love you lil' one."

"I love you too Alf."

And we danced until the song was over, and it finished with a warm round of applause.

The buffet came out early, so we all dug into the chicken bites, potato wedges and cocktail sticks. It was a very safistacated place.

It was by 10pm everyone became drunk it made the party a little crazy. Darcy had to be taken to the hotel room as it was getting out of hand and she was beginning to dose off in Louise's arms.

Overall, the party was a modest success. Next, was the honeymoon.

Outside the hotel was a white limo with ribbon at the front, that would take us to the airport, which would take us to my mystery location.