25: Zakynthos

The wheels of the plane squealed as the weight of the object smacked against the runway, the runway of the airport. The runway of the airport of where we were spending our honeymoon, the runway of Zakynthos.

It was a beautiful island, infact as we stepped out the plane I had never felt more alive. I had slept the entire plane ride and as the clocks changed I had less time.

As our flight was overnight we had an entire first day and not the odd two hours to unpack. Alfie was going to take me to the beach for a couple ours and afterwards we were going to go on a boat tour to see turtles.

We found the taxi area outside the airport, that would take us to our hotel. Alfie had booked for us a five star hotel, I was utterly amazed.

As the car pulled up outside a 5 story hotel I was breathless. It looked like it was a celebrity's villa.

As we walked through the double doors through to the lobby it was perfect straight away. There was a bar to the left, a 56" TV surrounded by leather recliner chairs and outdoor patio furniture sitting on the tiled floor.

Even though there was a bar and everyone in the room had a cocktail in their hand, there were no used glasses astray on any tables. It made a perfect first impression.

Alfie walked ahead to the reception desk, where we were given wristbands, our key and a bellman then assisted us in carrying our bags.

The hotel was a complex of different buildings, and the honeymoon suite was located on the other side of the pool area.

On our passings, I noticed a hottub, pool table, foosball table, another bar, a kids pool, an adult only pool and a shared pool. Also every hour there was an activity mainly for children but all ages and an all you can eat bar everyday.

My our apartment complex, there was a small park for children that included a roundabout, seesaw and swing set. And around the corner was a minigolf coarse.

Alfie assisted me and the bump up two flights of stairs to where our room was located. The bellman got his key out of his back pocket and opened the door revealingly.

I stepped in first amazed by what I saw. The king sized bed was in a heart shape, there were glass doors that led to a balcony with an ocean view, there was a 60" TV in the corner with a crimson loveseat in front, accompanied by a glass coffee table.

Alfie tipped the bellman before we began to unpack after we were changed out of our wedding clothes. I got into some shorts and a tanktop that barely covered my belly while Alfie wore some three-quarter length shorts with a polo shirt on top.

Unpacking took no less time than 15 minutes. Once we felt settled in we decided to go a walk to get used to our surroundings.

In no time at all we found a beach. There were free sun beds and every now and again a kind foreign man would come and sell ice lollies. Everytime I would buy a lemon and lime colippo. I was already huge, there would be no way of telling I put on any weight.

Luckily I had remembered to wear my swimsuit underneath my clothing so when it got too hot I could jump into the sea.

After sunbathing and developing the start of a tan, we decided to go on a turtle boat trip. Alfie decided to buy some snorkels as we would be aloud off the boat to snorkel and see the reefs.

We had half an hour to kill before the ship was leaving to off land, so we decided to look around gift shops and get an ice cream.

Eventually it was time to go, and I was excited. I had never seen a turtle in person before. The boat wasn't crammed at all, infact, Alfie had payed extra so it was a private trip.

It wasn't too long before we came across a turtle. It certainly wasn't shy. It came closer as we got to touch its shell.

It soon after swam away, and we were taken to the nearby reef where we would be let out to snorkel.

Once we arrived, the water was clear. You could easily see the beauty of the underwater. Alfie had brought his underwater camera so we could even remember this forever, which was amazing.

We slowly waded our way into the ocean, which wasn't as cold as expected. We stayed in there for about half an hour, it was too stunning not too.

You could see all the fish clearly, is even saw an octopus and at one point a turtle. Some of the fish were more outgoing and game close to our pruned skin.

As all great things come to an end, we returned onto the boat as the sun set in the distance. We strolled hand in hand back to the room.

It was enough for one day. One down, Twenty seven to go.