28: Final Part

We were sat in a taxi. Me, Alfie and sweet little Joseph in our arms.

We weren't so far from Brighton now. The taxi driver took a different turn to where we usually go, and I was confused. That was until I saw the grand sandstone house Alfie had showed the picture to me, the day Joe died.

"Surprise!" Alfie yelped.

I squealed in excitement. But not too loudly so I wouldn't wake Joseph.

"Our stuff though?" I asked.

"That's the best part." And so Alfie led me through the steel double front doors into a beautifully decorated mansion. A chandelier dazzled on the ceiling, with animal hair rugs and Victorian furniture all over the place.

"Look at this." Alfie said, before leading me up wooden magical stairs covered in a red velvet rug.

I walked into a baby blue bedroom, with a crib and wardrobe. Learning toys and all the supplies we needed, as well as the baby clothes I had been admiring in the Airport.

I was breathless. "Alfie I..."

"Hold on." And I was led to another room.

I walked in to see an aquarium to the left, a king sized bed, wooden furniture, an on suite to the right and glass double doors that led to a balcony.

I walked onto the wooden decking outside and the view was magnificent. Fields of flowers and animals, and then I saw Elsie playing in the field closest to us, and a huge guinea pig cage next to the railing with Pippin and Percy inside.

"Thank you Alfie I love it!" I exclaimed.

"No problem little one, Love you."

"Love you too." I replied, before a loving and meaningful kiss. The first, as a family.