Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

The rest of the afternoon went by rather quickly, and Louis was soon in the kitchen, making dinner. He was still smiling ear to ear, replaying the day in his mind. From waking up to Isaac's voice and reading all the caring messages from his friends to finding out he wasn't being kicked out of school. Louis was truly happy, and while there were still things that plagued his mind, he tried not to think about them. He didn't want to. Not on a day like this.

Learning from his mistake the other night, Louis had messaged his aunt, asking if she wanted him to make her dinner; she replied shortly with a 'no', and Louis carried on making the pasta only for one.

After he had gotten home from the bookstore, he had looked at his phone to find a few messages from Kara, saying that she was happy he was okay, but she wouldn't be able to talk that night or the next.

Louis' heart sunk, but he knew there would be a good reason for it, and they compromised by messaging each other. Louis regaled on the events passed and, of course, Kara was a bit angry, but Louis had managed to calm her down, telling her all was fine After that, Kara had to go and do something, and Louis focused on his dinner.

After he had finished eating, Louis wandered into his room and sat on his bed, not sure what to do, when he heard the familiar knock he was becoming accustomed to.

"Come in," Louis said jokingly, and he heard Isaac give a slight chuckle.

"Hey, Lou!" he called through the wall.

"How's it going, Isaac?"

"Swell," Isaac responded, before asking hesitantly, "Yourself? How was school?"

"I'm great, actually." Louis smiled. "And I didn't go today, but don't worry; I'm not expelled!"

"That's great!" Isaac almost yelled before laughing. "I think my whole family heard that, and it'll be really weird if they walk in here and see I'm talking to a wall."

"True." Louis laughed. "At least it's an attractive wall."

"I don't know if you mean yourself or the actual wall." Isaac laughed.

"Neither."

"Anyway," Isaac started. "I'm going to a friend's place for the night, and I'm about to leave, so I'll talk to you tomorrow?"

"Oh, someone's popular," Louis teased. "Have fun, and, yeah, I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Oh, shut up." Isaac laughed. "See ya later, Lou!"

"See ya!" Louis called through the wall before he was alone again. He was disappointed that Isaac wouldn't be talking to him tonight, but he decided not to dwell on it and got up to get everything organised for his job the next day. He had already called the café and told them he was available all day, and they changed some shifts around to accommodate. The manager at the café liked Louis; he was the best worker they had. So, if Louis was able to work a full day, they made sure they were able to fit him in.

Once everything was organised, Louis got changed and went to bed, deciding to try and get to sleep early. He was still riding on a high and thought that maybe that would help him fall into a peaceful sleep. Telling himself that he would shower in the morning, Louis set his alarm and closed his eyes, hoping the next day would as good as this one.

********

The morning came, and Louis was up, all ready to head down to the café. He showered and brushed his teeth, put his contact lenses in, and ate breakfast. He had decided on wearing his patented black jeans, along with a button up blue shirt. Looking at himself in the mirror, he approved of his choice and headed out the door.