Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

"How'd the shopping go?" she asked, interrupting Louis' and Sam's conversation as they rested the grocery bags on the kitchen counter.

"Remind me never to take Louis shopping. Ever," Sam responded, beginning to put the things he had bought away.

"Oh, why's that?" Kate questioned, looking at the three of them.

"He's not very good at it," Sarah chipped it, gently nudging Louis, who let out a sigh.

"How can you not be good at shopping?" Sam's mum asked.

"I don't even know, Mum, but Louis is the worst." Sam ripped open the bag of hot and spicy chips, once he found them, and began shovelling them into his mouth.

"Did you buy anything, Louis? And, Sam, can you not do that in front of me?"

"Sorry," Sam said, mouth full of chips, before receiving a smack to the back of the head from his mother.

"I got a shirt," Louis replied, muffling his laughter.

"One shirt?" Kate questioned.

"Yeah, and that took up most of the trip." Sarah chortled.

"Oh... well, at least you got something—Samuel! Stop shoving them in your mouth like your life depends on it!" Kate went to grab the bag from Sam, but he moved out of the way, swallowing heavily.

"They're so good, though," he defended.

"Well, do it in your room. If you're going to choke, I'd rather it wasn't in my kitchen."

"Good idea!" Sam gestured to Louis and Sarah. "Let's go, queens!"

"God, I hate him," Louis muttered, following Sam out of the kitchen, making Kate laugh.

As the three friends were about to walk up the stairs towards Sam's room, they were stopped by the sound of little footsteps.

"Lou-Lou!" The small voice just reached Louis' ears in time for him to turn around and almost be tackled to the ground by a small child.

"Hey, Jay-Jay!" Louis gave Sam's little brother a hug before pulling back and looking at his beaming face.

"How was da shoppin'?" Jay asked, stepping back from Louis, completely ignoring his brother and Sarah.

"It was good, buddy," Louis replied, kneeling in front of the small boy. "Your brother's a horrible person, though."

"I know!" Jay laughed, and Louis joined him.

"I'm right here, guys..." Sam murmured.

"Do you wanna play, Lou?" Jay asked, still paying no attention to Sam.

"I'd love to, buddy, but, sadly, I need to hang out with your brother." Louis let out an exaggerated sigh.

"Dat's not fun," Jay said, pouting. "I hope it goes well." He gave Louis a larger-than-life smile before dashing off in the other direction.

"Oh, my God, that was adorable," Sarah cooed, staring at Louis. "Shawn would totally melt if he saw that."

"Oh, shut up." Louis shook his head, but a smile had made its way onto his face.

"I don't even know when my brother became so mean to me." Sam pouted. "You're a horrible influence, Louis."

"I do what I can." Louis laughed, walking into Sam's room and flinging himself onto the bed.

"You're turning my innocent brother against me."

"Ah, damn. You've foiled my plan. I was going to get him to stab you while you slept."