Chapter Fifty-One

Chapter Fifty-One

(Trigger Warning)

The rest of the week dragged on, and after his talk with Mrs Carter on Monday afternoon, Louis, surprisingly, was riding on a slight high and even taking some of Mrs Carter's words to heart.

One thing in particular that he found himself doing was opening up to Isaac more; only Isaac. He wanted to start off small, and he thought letting the person he trusted most in first was a good place to start. Though saying that Isaac was the person Louis trusted most was strange to him as he had known him for the least amount of time. But, somehow, Isaac had managed to sneak his way into Louis life and slip through his walls. Was Louis complaining? No. He hated to admit it, but Mrs Carter had been right. It felt like the right thing to do.

There were still some things that Louis wasn't telling Isaac, of course. But Isaac was very patient with Louis, and Louis couldn't have been more grateful. Doing this was hard for him, so having someone there who wasn't pressuring him or forcing him to open up was a huge relief.

But as the days continued to pass, Louis could feel the high he was riding on slowly start to come down as his aunt had begun falling into her bad habits again. Isaac had been coming over to Louis' apartment a lot more frequently; Louis had let it slip that he was still scared. He still felt it was a very odd thing to say aloud to Isaac, but it was all a part of letting him in.

As Friday afternoon came around, Louis and Isaac were cuddling closely on Louis' bed, trying their best not to fall off the small space that they occupied, when Louis brought up their 'not-date'.

"You know, that actually totally slipped my mind," Isaac said with a cackle.

"Slipped your mind? It's a 'not-date'; how could you not remember?" Louis tried to have a serious tone, but he failed horribly.

"My bad, Lou-Lou." Isaac lifted his head up from Louis' chest and looked up at Louis, giving him a smile. "Anyway, what about the 'not-date'?"

"Let's go tonight." Louis returned the smile, but as he did, he saw Isaac's waver.

"Are you sure?" he asked, and Louis could tell that he was concerned.

Louis hadn't been coping the best with what was happening with his aunt, and Isaac had noticed. Not only because Louis had told him, but because he had seen how Louis' aunt got some nights.

After the night Louis had found the drugs his aunt had brought home, he had tried to talk to her again. Tried to get her to go to the group he used to talk to on her behalf. Nothing worked. She only seemed to get worse.

"I am." Louis nodded. "I want to. I need to."

"We're not doing something that'll embarrass me, right?" Isaac grinned as he asked. He obviously agreed with Louis in some way and decided to try and lighten the mood.

Louis was always thankful for that quality in him. He never pressed too much, and he was able to read the mood very well, which made him an expert at knowing when to drop the subject.

"If I'm being honest with you, I haven't planned anything," Louis mumbled, feeling guilty for not being more organised.

"Hmm," Isaac hummed, gently playing with Louis' fingers as he thought.

Louis looked down at him and saw his face was pulled into a very concentrated look.

"Don't hurt yourself." Louis found it in himself to snicker.

"Bowling?" he finally said, turning his head to look at Louis.

"I've never been." Louis blushed, and Isaac's mouth gaped open.