Chapter Thirty-Eight

Chapter Thirty-Seven

Louis let Isaac's words wash over him as he tried to find it in himself to respond. Usually, it wouldn't be that difficult to say hello back, but for some reason, Louis couldn't seem to get his brain to function properly.

Instead, Louis raised his hand, holding it up in front of Isaac, who got the message and put his own hand against Louis'. Since Louis wasn't able to find the words to speak, he made the two boys replicate what they did through the wall on the first night they spoke. Even though they only touched hands for a moment, Louis felt as though a small current of electricity ran up his arm.

"Nice callback," Isaac mumbled as he lowered his hand again and shyly looked at the ground, and Louis took that time to somehow recompose himself.

"I thought it was fitting," the words found their way out of Louis' mouth, and he silently praised himself for finally saying something, hoping he wouldn't be stuck like that again.

"It's good to finally meet you in person," Isaac said softly, still smiling at Louis, taking in every feature of him.

"You, too." Louis smiled, trying to display some confidence, though he was shuffling awkwardly on the spot. "You're taller than I thought you'd be."

"Well, so are you." Isaac snickered and looked around the café. "I would ask if you wanted to grab a coffee, but no doubt you want to get away from work."

Louis nodded. "That would be preferable."

Isaac turned around and led the way out of the café. Louis followed close behind him.

"I had no idea you knew my sister," Isaac said after a moment as they stood just outside the café on the sidewalk. They had only moved a few steps away from the entrance, as to not be blocking it, but now they stood still, once again staring at each other.

"Neither did I. Not to be cliché, but it's a small world."

Louis chuckled, praising himself once again for talking like a normal human being instead of standing there, saying nothing, looking like an idiot.

That was the last thing he wanted to look like right now.

"You're not wrong," Isaac said before they fell silent again.

It wasn't as awkward as the first silence they had inside the café, though it still wasn't the same as when they were talking through the wall. Hoping that it wouldn't always be like this, Louis broke the silence.

"So, where do you want to go?" he asked, looking away from Isaac and scanning the street, trying to see if there was anywhere they could go.

"Do you like pizza?" Isaac asked, drawing Louis' attention back to him.

He had a smile on his face, and Louis couldn't help but think that it was perfect. Just like everything else about Isaac.

"Who doesn't?" he replied.

"I know a good place," Isaac said, smiling.

He grabbed Louis' arm lightly and pulled him gently down the street. Louis didn't resist and just let himself be led to wherever they were going. While it was definitely weird and new, Louis already enjoyed being in Isaac's company, and the silence that had now fallen between them came close to the ones they've had between the wall. Louis grinned to himself as Isaac lead him into a small building with a sign flashing 'open' on the glass door.

After ordering a pizza, Isaac and Louis took a seat in one of the booths in the shop. They sat opposite each other, and for a moment they said nothing and just took each other in. Louis was losing himself in Isaac's eyes, and it seemed Isaac was doing the same with Louis'.