Chapter 1: The Woodland-Realm

Adanessa POV

"Alassëa! Wait up!" I shout to my best friend who has been like a little sister to me all these years. We live in a small hidden tree house in Mirkwood.

Alassëa and I found some orcs, so we are heading to go kill them. It is still a two day run to get to where the orcs are. I then see , in the distance, a place I have not seen for hundreds of years, the Woodland-Realm.

I used to live there. All of the sudden memories of the past play in my head.

~~~

"Naneth! (mom)" I yell. "I am going for a walk to the gardens."

"Alright, just be careful, tinu. (daughter)" My mother shouted back to me.

The gardens were my favorite place to go. It would always relax me. I was closing my eyes and listening to the wind, when I heard footsteps.

I opened my eyes, and stood up. I look around, and standing in front of the waterfall I saw an ellon. He had blonde hair and electric blue eyes. He seemed sad, so I walked over to him.

"What is wrong? You seem very sad." I ask him.

He looks over to me and then back at the waterfall, "My Naneth has gotten killed."

"Oh, I am so very sorry. Is there anything I can do for you?" I ask, I feel so bad for him.

"No, there is nothing I can think of. What is your name?" He asks looking back over to me.

"My name is Adanessa. What is yours?"

"My name is Legolas." He answers.

I then realize that he is the Prince. I bow to him. "I am so very sorry, Prince Legolas. For I did not know what the Prince looked like, so I did not know you were the Prince."

He smiled at me and said, "It is all right, I do not mind. And you can just call me Legolas. You have a really pretty name, Adanessa."

"Thank you!" I said returning the smile. I then knew that my Naneth probably wanted me home. "I should get going, it was nice to meet you, Legolas."

"It was nice to meet you too, Adanessa." And with that I took off home.

~~~

That was the first and only time I ever saw Legolas. He was so nice to me, and normally people were mean to me. All of the other elves would make fun of how I looked. I had blonde, curly hair sapphire, blue eyes and a lot of freckles. Freckles are not normal for an elf. I got my freckles from my Naneth.

"Alassëa! Where did you go?" I shout. I get no answer. I am starting to get very worried, "Alassëa!" I shout again.

This time I get a response, "Adanessa! HELP!"

I run to my my best friend. When I finally find her she is surrounded by orcs. They must of moved closer. She is doing her best, but the orcs are over powering her.

I climb to the top of a tree and get out my bow. I start to shoot arrows at the orcs. After I have killed a good portion of them, I get down from the tree. I get out my sword, and head into battle.

I keep killing the orcs but more seem to keep coming. I know I have to keep Alassëa safe. I will do anything it takes to keep her alive. I do not know what I would do without her, she means so much to me.

After a long while, there are only a few orcs left. I look over to see how Alassëa is doing. She is fighting three orcs at the same time. She is so concentrated on what she is doing, that she does not notice the orc behind her. He is about to shoot her with an arrow.

Luckily I see him and when he lets the arrow go, I jump in front of Alassëa. I feel a sharp pain in my shoulder. I hear her kill the last few remaining orcs. Then run over to me.

I hear her yell, "Adanessa!" Before everything goes dark.

~~~~~~

How do you guys like it? Please let me Know!

~Ellethwen <3