Katrina & Rose (Part One)

VOTE & COMMENT

(Katrina)

"You get it, I got yesterday," Tom chuckled, glancing at me. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

I suddenly felt sick, some kind of butterflies bursting from my stomach. What? Ugh. I don't know. I waltzed over to the door and took a deep breath, I unlocked the latch and swung the oak, front door wide open. I gasped as Rose stood outside, smiling timidly. 

Oh My God.

"Uh.." I mumbled, frowning with confusion.  What on earth is she doing here? 

"Hi," She puckered, eyeing me innocently. Oh, no.

"Katrina, who is it?" Tom shouted curiously. 

I stood aside so Rose could enter. She wore a thin, knee high summer dress and a pair of light brown gladiator sandles. She was always stylish. I was more into the posh, formal outfits. I stared at her in utter shock, her dyed red coloured hair disappeared as her face turned to meet mine. Ten years and she's still as beautiful as ever. 

I heard Tom scuffling and a few seconds later he emerged from the living room.

"Oh, hello, and who are you?" He smiled, politely. I was mentally hyperventilating. Oh no.

Before she could reply, I decided to introduce her. "This is Rose, an old school friend of mine," I caught her slightly flinch at that comment, "Rose, this is my husband, Tom." I added. Well, Rose and I are over now and there's no going back. I'm married and perfectly happy. 

She stuck her hand out and he took it surpisingly. He could be quite rude to people he didn't know or wasn't friends with.

"Hi." She smiled. Her bright blue eyes beamed. 

"Hello, Rose. Would you like a drink?" He questioned, eyeing her. 

"Um, yes please," She murmured quietly. She was always shy, and innocent as I can remember. 

After a while we were all sat down in the ocre coloured decorated living room. She explained that she had just finished her studies in Birmingham and had moved to Newcastle. When Tom left the room, we locked eyes and she smiled weakly. 

"How did you find out where we lived?" I whispered, wide eyed. 

"You always loved it here and so I asked a few of the neighbours did they know you and they guided me to this rich home." She grinned wickedly, "What's your job?" 

"I'm a dietitian, what are you doing?" I replied, eyeing her cautiously. She always spoke more with her eyes than her mouth. She was eyeing the seat beside her on the couch, so I casually sat next to her. 

"I've just done my Ph.D in Physics," She gleamed. 

"Why are you really here?" I lightly glowered, my eyes scanning her even more gorgeous body. How could I forget her? 

"To.. um.. see you, Katrina.." She murmured, glimpsing at me. Aww.

-----------------

After a few hours, the three of us settled in the living room with a bottle of wine. From past experiences, I already knoww that Rose doesn't drink so she opted to drink some orange juice. I was getting even more tipsy by each glass. 

 Random chats were being thrown around and memories were resurfacing. Although, Rose and I's past relationship wasn't mentioned and we planned to keep it that way, I didn't want to give Tom any funny ideas. Every now and then Rose's head would turn to her right and face me, her eyes glittering. I could stare at them all night long, Tom's plain brown eyes held no emotion. 

"Okay, I'm going to go to bed before I get any more drunk," Tom laughed. He kissed me goodnight and said his goodbyes to Rose. 

"So, what now?" Rose smiled interestingly. I hope she didn't come here thinking I was single and ready to mingle. Our past relationship is over.. and gone. Never coming back.

I shrugged my shoulders and leaned back against the couch. God, I'm tired. 

"Are you staying the night?" I whispered, watching her every glorious movement. The summer dress that hugged her fabulous curves had flower patterns on it, roses to be exact. It got tighter around her chest and flared out at her hips. Strangely enough, knowing Rose's exotic taste, the dress had a zip at the front that went all the way to the bottom. 

 "I'd love to." She grinned. 

"How's your love life?" I muttered, taking a sip of chardonnay. 

"Non existent." She laughed. Her glamorous laugh was extremely infectious, causing me to start giggling with her. 

I ran an elegant hand through my bronze coloured, curly hair. Rose studied me hungrily and suddenly we were in a silence, a comfortable one though. Rose was only seventeen when we start dating. From day one we knew there was a strong attraction to one another and hit it off almost immediately.

Her hand placed itself on my knee and I didn't flinch once. I could see her eyes were filled with lust.. and something else..