The Steamy School Reunion (Part One)

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT c: 

(Elliot's Point Of View)

I opted to bring Susannah just in case I felt alone, bored or annoyed. The hall was bright with all different lights, and there was a bouffet out. Perfect, I can just eat and eat and eat. At least I can say that I turned up to this damn thing. 

My hand stayed firm on my wife's waist as we walked to the where there were drinks being served. I checked my Rolex watch and noticed it read ten past nine p.m. It's quiet, not many people have turned up yet. After being passed a drink, I could feel my body begin to tense and my heart rate quicken. I squn around and crashed into another body. 

This is why I hate school reunions. I always fuck up.

"Oh, I am so sorry." I began babbling, grabbing a handful of napkins before meeting eyes with the pair of green ones that I have dreamed about for so long. 

"Elliot.." Rick whispered, his eyes fixed on my face. 

My jaw was grazing the wooden floor as I extended my arm with the napkins, "S-sorry."

Without a mere second of hesitation, the strong and secure arms enveloped me just like they did nearly twenty years ago. I paused for a minute to remind myself where I was before hugging him back. My arms became tight and intense around him as I started laughing in shock into his neck. Susannah was standing against the table, smiling. She must think this is some long-lost friend.. Cringe..

"H-how have you been?" Rick grinned, tracing my bottom lip with his thumb. 

Now, that looked weird.

"I finally got married!" I announced, giving him secret signals. I hope he reads them correctly. 

"How are you?" I asked after a few seconds of silence. I hope he doesn't hate me. 

Flashback.....

...... "You know I love you, El?" Rick whispered. 

"Yes, I know. And I love you, too, Rick. Don't forget that." I sadly smiled. 

I grabbed his cold face between my black-gloved hands and kissed him softly, which turned into a passionate and needy kiss. I'm going to miss this boy. He is, after all, the love of my life. The bell rang from above us signalling the arrival of my train to Bristol. 

We hugged tightly and pecked eachother all over echother's faces. I could see the air when Rick breathed, it was that cold. 

"I'm going to miss you so much. We can keep in contact and I'll visit, don't worry." I reassured him, but we both knew this was the end. 

The end of our love story, our support from each other, the end of ever being able to be ourselves in public for we both knew we would never find a partner and have the same amount of fiery love ever again. 

I kissed him one more time before picking my suitcase up and carrying it through the sliding doors. I waved him off and the train sped away faster than I could have ever anticipated...

..... Flashback Over

We never saw each other again after that, we never spoke, never called. I have to admit, I still dream about him, and that day over and over. Even though I'm married to Susannah, I'll never love her as much as I loved Rick. He was the one and now there was no pulling us apart, I could just feel it. 

He frowned and waited for me to come back to earth before answering, "Everything has been great."

Twist. Not true. We agreed on a little code letter idea when we were seventeen. If the first letter is a vowel, whatever the sentence says is the exact opposite to the truth. 

I nodded acknowledging and faked a smile. "Oh, sorry. This is Susannah, my wife. Susannah, this is my friend from school." I lied. 

Lying because he wasn't my friend, nor my best friend. He was my soul mate, my other half, my everything. I really shouldn't label him so much more lower than he was. But I know he'll understand, we knew what we felt was real. 

After about half an hour of us chatting and catching up on gossip, the hall was starting to get fuller and I bumped into past friends and enemies. 

"Follow me." Rick murmured, standing up. 

I done as he said and strolled with him to where ever he was heading. 

"What, why are we in here?" I questioned, eyeing the classroom suspiciously.

"Don't act daft, El." Rick laughed before crashing his lips against mine.

Oh, bother. 

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT c: