Everything His Brother Ever Witnessed (Part One)

My new short story/one shot thingy :) c: PLEASE VOTEEEEEEEE :c

Harry's Memory 

Action One Witnessed by Harry

I couldn't dare to interrupt them. They were sharing an intimate moment, of true attraction and fervent eye contact. It was impossible to deny there was something more than friendly between them. Too many moments, too many passion-filled words, too many long houred phone calls at night. Too much evidence to write off 'just friends'.

My mother nor father ever risked to make such dastardly accusations. How could they? Their son wasn't a gallivanting, homosexual flirt. Truth was, his lover and himself were private lovers. They met in private, and to what it seemed to me, loved each other deeply and intensely. My brother wasn't a careless wreck who had no dignity. He fell in love, just like the rest of us.

I hesistantly leaned on the sink, both hands flat out either side. I shook my head in annoyance and frustration for them. My brother Oliver had casually leaned over to flick a piece of hair from Connor's face. The gentleness he had moved his finger with had been mesmerising. 

They were sitting on deck chairs in the garden, on the freshly cut lawn. Their chairs' only inches apart obviously aroused attention instantly. It was like I was watching a muted love story, nosing from the window. Their mouthes' were moving but I couldn't hear a word being said. More often than not, Connor would just gaze at him, whilst he was rambling on about something. 

I knew fully well he'd have no idea what he was saying, but just hypnotized by the beauty of Oliver. Then, after years of over propinquity and quietness, I saw it. I witnessed it. 

Unsure about his next move, my brother gingerly leaned forward, towards Connor's face and hesitantly stopped when his lips reached Connor's. My breath caught, only a couple of millimeters between them and I could feel the tension. The last move of connection was initiated by Connor. The skinny gap between them disappeared when their lips touched. My brother's hand slowly rose from where it lay and placed itself on the right side of Connor's pale face. 

I smiled to myself, appreciating this moment of bliss for them. This one moment wasn't going to sizzle out into nothing, but grow into something over ruling; love.

Their kiss never went any deeper, just sat as a loving peck. After a few more seconds, Connor broke away and rubbed his cheek against Oliver's. A real sign of companionship. Oliver kissed his cheek once more before resuming their original sitting position.

I exhaled heavily and continued my cleaning in the kitchen. I didn't quite know what to think of that unspoken interaction. For most people, it would be an unsightly scene, but for me, the sight of my brother feeling comfortable and at peace with someone was a joyful feeling. 

Never can I recall him bringing home a lady, so I always assumed he went unloved in that sense. But even so, there was something inside me shouting Connor's name in glory.