Thirteen

They were sure they had walked for almost one hour before they began to see houses up ahead. All the while, Jimin and Taehyung had been holding hands without even realizing it. Smiles enveloped their faces when they saw people walking up and about buying and selling items. There were several cement houses and shops. Little children ran around them giggling. They looked behind them and they could no longer see the island.

The place seemed secluded from the rest of the world. They were sure it wasn't even on the world map. The environment seemed neat and there were farm animals everywhere. They were soon the focus of attention as they passed.

Sana answered greetings from the rest of the villagers as they walked by.

"I will take you to the home of the village head. I work there. That's where the others are" she said.

They walked further until they stopped in front of a big building. They were surprised to see Jungkook standing there. When he saw them, his face lit into a bright smile.

"Jimin! Taehyung!" He shouted.

He ran towards them and embraced them.

"We thought you were dead" Jimin muttered.

Jungkook scoffed and laughed. "Dead? I can never die even if I wanted to"

Jimin looked at him curiously. Taehyung just shrugged. Jungkook arched an eyebrow staring at their clasped hands.

"I can see you two have been getting along really well"

Jimin realized what he was referring to and tore his hands away from Taehyung's smiling awkwardly.

Jungkook turned to Sana. "Thank you" he whispered.

"There's nothing to it. Besides you were right. There would be bigger conches on the island. Look how many I caught" Sana said excitedly showing Jungkook her bowl.

Jimin caught those words immediately and stared suspiciously at the younger man. There was something about him he couldn't quite put his fingers to.

Jungkook smiled. "That's good Sana. The chief was calling for you earlier"

"I better get going then," she said then smiled at Jimin and Taehyung.

"You two go relax. Jungkook will show you to the guest house"

She hurried away while Jungkook grabbed both of their hands and started walking.

"The others will be so happy to see you. They all thought you both were dead"

"And what about you?" Jimin questioned narrowing his eyes at him.

Jungkook grinned. "I had a feeling you both were still alive"

He took a deep breath. "However, Jin is recovering from a high fever while Yoongi is still unconscious from a snake bite. Hoseok almost died swallowing the poison to save him but I found them at the right time"

"That's a relief" Taehyung muttered.

Jimin continued staring at Jungkook until he seemed to notice it.

"Is there something on my face Jimin?"

"How did you end up here Jungkookshi?"

The younger hesitated a bit before answering. "Well, I showed up on the shores and they found me"

His left eye blinked and Jimin caught the weird action but he didn't say anything until they reached their destination.

The house was made of wood and it looked homely. They all entered and Jimin shouted in joy as soon as he saw Jin. Namjoon was sitting beside him and they seemed to be in some sort of conversation.