Forty seven

Taehyung wished to never wake up again whenever he went to bed but the sun was always shining beautifully every morning signalling that it was a beautiful day. But it wasn't beautiful to him, it was dark and dreary, not worth living.

He had done everything his father wanted, giving interviews, taking pictures and doing everything he was supposed to do regarding his wedding but the smile had left his face, his soul was gone, the only thing left was a shell, an empty human shell.

"Taehyung, are you even listening to me right now?" Jisoo's angry voice reawakened him to this present situation.

"Huh?" He said, his mouth hanging slightly agape.

She narrowed her eyes at him clearly irritated.

"Really? I'm talking about the cake. How does it taste?" She said.

Taehyung shook his head trying to clear his mind so he could focus. They where at a cake tasting trying out different cakes and seeing which one tastes better. He nodded his head satisfactorily as he ate a piece of chocolate cake. It simply melted in his mouth and he guessed it was okay. Either way, he didn't really care.

"I guess this one's better" he said with a forced smile pointing at the chocolate cake quickly. He wanted to leave here as soon as possible.

Jisoo arched her brows. "Are you sure? Because I think the strawberry one is more delicious"

Taehyung simply shrugged. "Any of them is okay I guess"

Jisoo watched him silently without saying a word before turning to the staff waiting patiently in front of them. She pointed to the chocolate cake and smiled.

"I guess we'll take that one"

The woman nodded. "Alright, just follow me and make a deposit. When's the wedding?"

Jisoo'svsmile was almost wider than her face. "Three days... It's in three days" she said.

The woman nodded her head. "It will be delivered at the exact day just come with me please"

Jisoo immediately followed the woman, leaving Taehyung to stand there alone looking at the ground and just thinking about how he could escape from this predicament when he looked up and gazed through the huge glass window trying to distract his mind with the happenings of the road. His breath suddenly hung as his eyes targeted a figure walking down the street towards a waiting cab. The figure looked so much like Jimin with the same shiny blonde dyed hair, firm back side, sturdily built and that gentle feminine way of walking.

At that moment, the longing and pain he felt from their break up washed all over him, soaking him and bringing his legs to a sudden run as he pushed open the door wildly. Jimin! He needed to see him. Even if it was only to ask how he has been doing? To tell in his eyes if their separation was affecting him the way it was doing to himself because it was slowly killing him. He didn't know how much longer he could hold on. More than that he just wanted to hear his voice.

He was basically sprinting, he was sure he must have beaten the world sprint record when he finally reached Jimin's figure when he was just about to enter the cab and forcefully yanked him back. He took some seconds to regain his breathing before looking at the face staring back at him but he froze because it was the face of a stranger. On a closer inspection, the man didn't have such a familiarity with Jimin apart from the blonde hair and built body. He has started seeing things now. He was going crazy for thinking about his ex too much.

"Who are you?" The man asked angry at him for dragging him.

Taehyung began to bow his head apologizing profusely. "I'm so sorry" he said.