Fifty three

Twenty seven years ago

Mrs Kim sat on a rocking chair busying herself with knitting while whistling silently to herself before the door burst open. She looked up as her excited son entered wearing a proud smile on his face.

He reached into his pocket and dumped a wad of money bills onto the wooden table causing her to gasp. She stood up slowly and walked towards the table. She touched the money with shaky hands and glanced at her son, shock written in her eyes.

"Taejun, where did you get all these money from?"

Her son smiled. "I made quite a lot of sales today Eomma. I'm a good marketer"

His mother nodded cupping his face with her hands and kissing his forehead.

"Indeed you are" she whispered and sighed. "But you work too hard Taejun. I want you to live your life like other young men of your age"

Kim Taejun rolled his eyes. "If I do that, who's going to take care of you? You are too sick to be on your own"

Mrs Kim shook her head. "I wish your father didn't die...If only I wasn't so weak"

She began to sob softly and Taejun wrapped his arms around her trying to console her.

"It's okay Eomma, I'm not complaining. I'm happy taking care of you. Very soon, you'll get better"

He kissed the top of her head and his mother stopped crying. He led her back to her chair.

"Eomma, that money is yours. I have to go now"

"Where are you going?"

Taejun scratched his head nervously "I have some errands to run but I'll be back on time. Please wait for me"

"Okay son" Mrs Kim said and watched her son leave. As he came out, he bumped into Nara one of his female friends and his mother's helper.

"Hello Nara" he greeted.

The girl blushed lowering her gaze. "Hi Taejun" she answered. He didn't waste any more time on her and quickly dashed off. Contrary to what his mother thought, he was into some illegal things. He met his group of friends at an old abandoned building. These friends were still the people who helped made him the man he later became. They where his partners.

"Hey where were you?" Kai said puffing out a cigarette smoke as he approached the group of four.

"Sorry, I had to see my mother" Taejun answered.

Lee pil no presented the 'items'

"We have only tonight left to make the delivery" he said.

Kim Dae Soo later Kim Namjoon's father smiled at Taejun. "What do you tell your mother you do for a living?"

The latter shrugged "I tell her that I sell coffee"

Dae soo chuckled "And she believed that?"

"She sure did. I have to find a way to buy her medicines"

Min Joon Jae later Min Yoongi's father looked thoughtful. "Why don't you just sell the land?"

Silence as Taejun glared at him but he continued.

"That big company...what's the name..."

"Parks investment and real estate"Kai answered.

"They are offering you millions of dollars just to purchase that land"

"To build a resort" Taejun said frowning.

Joon Jae scoffed. "What's wrong with that?"

"I've told you guys several times, it's my inheritance. I'll make use of that land after I have made my money but I'll never sell it to them. My mother doesn't want to sell and even my father would have been disappointed if I sold it"