Forty one

All three heads turned towards the door as it flung open.

"What's happening here?" Hoseok yelled loudly and Jimin sighed in relief as their friends entered one by one. He thought it was Kim Taejun. Thankfully,  it wasn't him.

Yoongi and Namjoon stood rooted to the spot staring at Taehyung in confusion.

"Man...you where here?" Namjoon said in surprise.

Yoongi shook his head. "Taehyung you have no idea what is going on...."

Jimin rushed towards them "You guys should have called before coming. I would have ordered some takeouts" he rushed out secretly giving his friends eye signal for them to help him out and keep their boyfriends mouth shut.

They quickly understood.

"Let's just rest. We have been through quite a lot" Jin said loudly leading the puzzled men to the living room.

"Go on... sit sit" Hoseok urged in joining Jin to lead the two away. As they both sat down, they began to understand what was happening when their boyfriends stuck out their fore fingers in front of their mouths.

"Ssh...Taehyung doesn't have to know what's going on" Hoseok said in a warning tone.

Namjoon's eyes widened.

"But it's war out there..."

The hushed conversation was caught short when Taehyung suddenly appeared in front of them looking worried with Jimin lingering behind him. He scratched his head confusedly.

"Yah, you guys are acting really strange" he said.

Yoongi and Namjoon looked at each other before looking back at him with a feigned smile.

"Oh... It's nothing Taehyung...just we where worried about you" Yoongi answered.

Taehyung nodded.  "Is my father looking for me?"

They nodded their heads.  "Of course he is but...everything is fine. There isn't any war going on as we speak" Namjoon said and gulped as Yoongi secretly nudged him on his side.

Taehyung cocked his head to one side staring suspiciously at his two nervous looking friends. They where terrible at lying. He knew something was up but he decided to keep his suspicions to himself and just shrugged.

"Wait here, let me take a bath and freshen up. I'll be right back" He said and walked off dragging his feet lazily. He really wasn't a morning person. There was silence as they all watched him leave. Once he had climbed up the stairs and he was nowhere to be seen, commotion began.

"What the hell! Why didn't you tell us Jimin kidnapped Taehyung!" Namjoon whispered glaring at Jin

Jimin blushed looking embarrassed "I didn't kidnap him"

Namjoon narrowed his eyes at him. "Really? Then what do you call this?"

Jimin sighed tiredly and kept quiet.

"I can't believe this. We both thought Taehyung would never be with you considering how nasty your relationship has been these days"

Jimin sighed. "I'm sorry. I just had to do something. He's going to divorce me. I can't let that happen. I still love him"

Yoongi groaned. "Just what the hell happened between you two?"

Jimin lowered his gaze. "it's a long story" he whispered softly.

"And do you ever plan on telling us why? "

Jimin and Jungkook looked at each other. Everyone was looking at him for some sort of explanation but Jimin just shrugged lightly.

Taehyung's friends sighed heavily

"But you have to put an end to this Jimin. There is a huge war going on between your families because of you two. We just had to flee for our lives so we wouldn't get dragged into this messy drama" Namjoon said.

"I know, Jungkook told me"

They all looked at Jungkook before shaking their head painfully.

"I'm sorry but I'll be very grateful if you don't tell Taehyung what's happening at least for the next three days"

Yoongi frowned deeply. "You know, my family and I don't get along but no matter what, they are still my family and I care about what happens to them so it's really annoying that they have to sacrifice their men's lives in this senseless battle between your fathers"

Jimin couldn't say anything to that. Yoongi was right. To everyone, he was been selfish. The truth is he has to let go of Taehyung so that peace can reign once again but the problem is he can't just do that. He can't even imagine himself being away from him.

"Think about it Jimin. You've lost him already. He doesn't care for you anymore so why are you holding on so tight" Jin said looking at him pitifully.

Jimin took a deep breath before talking again.

"Jin, you love Namjoon right?"

The latter nodded. "Yes"

"And you can do anything for him?"

The fond look on Jin's face when he looked at Namjoon was more than enough answer.

Jimin smiled. "If Namjoon woke up one day and says you should both break up and that he doesn't love you anymore, would you just accept it?"

Jin pouted and shook his head vigorously.

"Wouldn't you do everything you can to get him back until you've exhausted all your options?"

No one said anything. There was an uncomfortable silence in the air as they contemplated what he had said.

Jimin continued after noticing their disposition. "That's exactly where I am right now. This is my one and only chance to get Taehyung back. If it doesn't work, I'll give up finally"

Hoseok rolled his eyes. "Well I won't waste my time. I'll just let him go. I don't have the energy to fight for a lost cause"

Everyone turned to look at him. The glaring look in Yoongi's eyes made him suddenly sweat. He quickly mouthed I love you to him as an act of apology before Yoongi turned back to look at Jimin wearing a small smile on his lips.

Yoongi sighed. "Love makes people do crazy things" he mused.

They all shared a mutual look before Namjoon spoke.

"Okay fine, you win. Three days or we spill the beans to Taehyung"

Jimin smiled happily "Thanks a lot guys." he said.

"Anything to eat?" Jin put in breaking the slightly icy atmosphere.

Jimin scratched the back of his head, his face red from embarrassment "I tried to make some pasta today but it turned out terrible.... I could order some food"

Jin brushed him aside with a wave of his hand. "don't bother. Just let me handle it" he said and smiled smugly walking towards the kitchen.

"So how long are you all staying?" Jimin asked loudly. They looked at him smiling connivingly.

"Seems like you're eager for us to leave when we barely just arrived " Hoseok said smiling wryly.

"Don't worry. We'll be leaving tomorrow morning. We'll be heading to Daegu"

Jimin smiled. "Okay fine"

Jungkook smiled at the little scene before him. Humans. They where all so oblivious to the fact that Taehyung was standing at the top of the stairs listening to every word they said, tears filling his eyes but never wetting his cheeks. Jungkook watched the man through his invincible sight holding his head high as he entered into the corridor making way into his room. He smiled to himself. They didn't even know.

This is a shorter chapter. I've been quite busy this week but I knew I had to update so here goes. Have a lovely day everyone!