Chapter One

Twenty-five years later.

The clouds gathered around the tower that loomed over the destroyed town. The people were outside mining for energon and trying to get it back to the tower, hoping they lived another day. They were afraid to do anything that angered the giants.

A small group of rebels watched and waited for a way to save a few of the people. They had managed to get close and they quietly waited for their opportunity, waiting for the guards to move.

Elders gripped a rickety wheelbarrow, pushing a pile of energon crystals to the towers. Rows of people lined it, many tired and sore. None spoke a word about it. They also said none when they felt gazes, glancing toward the general area where they were watched but soon returned to work. 

The small group watched intently as they thought of a way to get them out and free. They had to hurry and didn't want to make them stay here. A young woman narrowed her eyes as she watched then got closer with the others. The cons weren't really paying attention out of boredom. They had a plan and moved in like shadows.

All the slaves were currently in the mine working and the cons wandered to the entrance. They timed it right and threw devices at the cons. They didn't have very many but it would work. The devices momentarily shocked the Decepticon drones and made them fall over. Knocking them out for a time. The team quickly moved in to save the people. 

Workers began noticing them more as they got closer. The slaves watched as they would knock out cons whenever possible. A silent man, standing by the slaves watched and began leaving. He disappeared behind the large piles of rock filled with the crystal they had yet to mine. A young man from the group split off and went to grab the keys from the knocked out cons before he went to unlock the chains bounding the slaves together. 

The group rushed forward and freed all the slaves. They then quickly got them together and had them do a head count. They glanced around to try and find anymore. An elderly man coughed, frowning.

"If you think anyone escaped, your wrong. Were all here." He muttered, still not believing they were freed so easily. His eyes shone with gratefulness.

"Where do we go now?" A young girl asked, gripping onto what they could assume was her mother's pants. Worry and fright was read easily in her expression. Cons were everywhere.

"Follow us." The young rebel woman whispered and they split the rescue group. Half walked behind and half walked in front to lead.

They then spread out a little and had the rescue team on every side to keep them from getting hurt. Making a type of circle. The group looked around one more time before they left the cave through a small tunnel and headed underground. They had been building the tunnel to that cave for a while. The freed slaves were silent, looking around as they walked tiredly, their bodies exhausted and sore.

"Who are you?" A man asked, looking to the young woman ahead with a frown. "I don't understand." He spoke in a murmur.

"Don't worry, sir." She whispered quietly and looked at him. "We'll get you home then answer questions." She said. There group of rescuers wore dark clothes and masks to hide their faces and move around easier. 

The man nodded, going silent. He was a little reassured but still couldn't relax completely. No one else said anything as they followed them in the fairly dark tunnel. The elders were slow, some holding onto each other. None of them understood what was going on but none were scared either. 

After a while the tunnel opened up to a railway. The military had put it there when they were in Jasper. The group helped the people onto the track car then made sure they were steady before rushing off.