Chapter Thirty One

Hunter frowned then his eyes widened. "You're... you're Arcee and Smokscreen. You knew Optimus.." he whispered, shocked. The two smiled and nodded slowly to confirm what he had guessed. 

"Dad said he was alive and you went with-." Adrien began, curious and confused but was cut off by Ratchet. 

"Easy, we should return to Rafael's home and get them settled. I'm sure they had a long journey." Ratchet spoke sternly, glancing at the twins then looking to the three. He was really concerned. If they came from Darkmount then who knows what horrors they went through. The twins nodded slowly and looked at their father who was struggling to stay standing. They walked over and each took one of his arms then helped him walk back towards the house. The doctor helped get them back to the home without incident. Skye smiled tiredly as she watched them, her family. They were all together again. Finally. 

Miko walked over and hugged her daughter then followed the others. Skye went to her grandfather and gently hugged his arm again. They followed Arcee and Smokescreen as the young rookie carried their weak grandmother. Skye smiled a little and looked at her grandfather.

"You okay, Grandad?" She whispered quietly as she gently rubbed his arm. The group slowly walked towards the safe haven of Rafeal's house.

Ratchet blinked and looked down to his arm then at his granddaughter. He smiled a bit at her and nodded. "I'm alright, Skye. How are you? Are you hurt at all?" He asked as he began to worry, frowning again. He wished he had his scanner so he could check her vitals but unfortunately didn't have it. He walked up to the house and opened the door, holding it open for everyone to enter.

"I'm fine, Grandad... honestly... so much better now that everyone is here." She whispered as she continued to hold on to him. She stared for a moment at the others as they went inside, then led him in.

The old man smiled at her and nodded in agreement. He went to a chair by the counter and sat, needing to sit for a moment as he rubbed his old knees with a grunt as he turned to watch the others. He smiled seeing them all reunite. He didn't hug anyone though, keeping to himself off next to the side as he let his family have fun getting together again. He liked watching them be happy, it made him happy.

The twins brought their father to the couch and sat him down gently before sitting beside him. "Do you need anything Dad?" Adrien asked, frowning in concern.

"I'm fine... I'm just need to rest." He whispered as he smiled at them. He was so happy to have them here. He looked to his mother and his expression became sad.

She didn't have any shoes and she was covered in dirt and bruises. She was thin and her bare feet had dried blood on them. Miko spoke quietly to Smokescreen and they took her to the bathroom. They heard a bath running and Miko stayed while Smokescreen left and closed the door for them. The speedster walked to the main room and finally looked at his team. Bumblebee grinned and hugged him tightly as he buried his face and cried again. Bulkhead and Wheeljack hugged him as well then Arcee. 

The family and team talked happily and laughed as they hugged each other and held on to one another. Happy to see each other alive and well. The team was silently worried about Optimus. Their leader. But they didn't want to ruin the moment.

Riley smiled a little, looking to Sari who chuckled in delight at everyone. "We will need a bigger house." Sari joked, walking over. "Do you need any clothes? You can borrow some of mine." She looked to Arcee then the others. "Or Rafael's. He won't mind."

"The house next door is available." Raf said as he smiled slightly. "I'm sure Jack and the Autobots want their own home. We can have them close by and still help one another." He said as he watched Quinn run around and talk to people.