Chapter Nineteen

Ratchet blinked as he heard Bulkhead's voice and his eyes widened. Rafael was silent for a moment with shock before he shook his head. "B-Bulkhead?" The young man blinked and smiled a bit, hope in his eyes. "Is that you?" He asked as he began smiling more. "It's me, Raf. Rafael." He spoke with growing excitement in his tone. Ratchet smiled a bit as he listened, scooting over a bit and leaning close to listen. 

Bumblebee grinned and bounced in his seat. The line was silent for a few seconds. "Rafael? You're alive?!" The wrecker shouted. They heard a high pitched scream on the other end and the wrecker laughed happily.

"Rafy?!" Miko screamed and took his phone. "Raf! You're not dead!" She shouted and he heard her crying and talking quickly. 

Rafeal covered his mouth for a moment as he grinned, listening to Bulkhead and Miko in the background. "Oh wow, I'm so glad to hear you guys! We thought you were gone! Where are you? Who's with you?" He asked as he removed his hand, glancing at the others with happiness in his eyes. He couldn't believe it. Ratchet's eyes were wide and he couldn't help but smile widely.

Bumblebee was grinning as tears fell down his face. He was so happy to hear them. Miko couldn't form words and kept breaking down. Bulkhead took over again as he said something to her. "It's good to hear from you kid. We have me, Miko, Wheeljack and the twins. They... um... lost Jack and Skye... the kid got stepped on... and Skye was taken by the cons around the same time... Miko managed to save the boys but... we couldn't find her little girl." He said sadly as Miko sobbed with grief now. They heard someone comforting her.

"Easy Bulk." Wheeljack said seriously and glared at him. "It's hard enough we're by ourselves." He muttered bitterly.

"Who's with you, Raf?" Bulkhead asked as he glanced at his friends feeling bad for making her cry again. 

Rafeals eyes widened and Ratchet stood and snatched the phone from the man. "You said you have the twins!?" He exclaimed, relief washing over him. Rafael stood and went by the phone.

"Ratchet, Bumblebee, Skye, Jack is in the hospital, my wife, and my two kids." Rafeal informed Bulkhead from the side of the phone. Ratchet frowned as he thought about something.

"Is... June there?" The old doctor asked hopefully, his eyebrows furrowing with deep worry. "Have you at least seen her?"

"What?! Jack and Skye are alive?! Bee and Ratchet?! Whooo!" Bulkhead boomed. They heard Miko and other two cheer as the woman sobbed more. Wheeljack whooped and cheered loudly.

"Yes! We're here!" The twins said together. Raf smiled and they fell silent as Ratchet asked his question. The line was silent for a while as they thought about how to answer.

"She's alive... and we've seen her... in Darkmount. We tried to get her out but she refused and we don't know why. I think she was looking for you." Miko explained. 

Raf smiled then frowned, Ratchet still was on edge, frowning deeply at the news. "You should return here wherever you are." Ratchet muttered and handed the phone to Rafael as he walked to the kitchen, his heart aching and losing hope. Raf frowned as he took the phone and put it by his ear, watching the doctor walk away and sit in the kitchen silently. The father sighed softly and turned away.

"Thank you Miko. It's really nice to hear you guys again. Like Ratchet said, do you think you could come find us? Or the other way around? We should all be together." The man said with a small smile. 

"Yes yes yes." She said quickly and grinned at the others. "I'm guessing you're where I lost my phone. The Jasper sanctuary... we're a days journey from there and can get there tomorrow or the day after." She said as her voice cracked a little with happiness.