Chapter Fifteen

Ratchet was gone for a few hours and soon returned with Rafael and his two daughters. He held coffee he got from the hospital where he visited Jack. He set his coat down as Riley slowly entered, holding Quinn's small hand.

Skye looked up and rushed in then carefully hugged the man. Raf smiled sadly as he took the coffee. Bumblebee stayed hidden in the kitchen as he hesitantly watched from his hiding place. He was nervous to talk to him and felt afraid to. He didn't want Rafael to be mad at him for leaving.

The doctor smiled a bit as he began hugging his granddaughter back. He glanced at Bumblebee in the kitchen and sighed softly. Riley picked up Quinn and set her on her hip. "How long will we need to stay here? My mom is at our home." She whispered.

The old medic looked over. "We will have to move her here or we all must go there." Ratchet said seriously.

"We have a house and it's bigger than this apartment... no offense." Rafael said and looked at them.

"I'm fine with that..." Skye sighed shakily and hugged her grandfather then looked to the kitchen. Wondering why Bee hadn't come out yet.

Riley nodded a bit, feeling more comfortable at their house. Ratchet rubbed his granddaughters back as he looked to the kitchen. "Bumblebee, it wouldn't kill you to come say hello." He muttered with a deep frown.

Rafael blinked in surprise and looked at the doctor. He hesitated and looked to the kitchen as the young man came out. He gasped quietly as he stared at his friend. "Bumblebee?" He whispered. The bot nodded slowly and stepped back in worry.

Ratchet smiled a little as he watched. "He's not going to bite you." He snorted softly in amusement as he looked between them. Riley looked over and her eyes widened a little, recognizing the name.

The young father stared at him then set the coffee on the side table. He smiled sadly and walked over to his friend. "Bumblebee..." he rasped quietly and scout nodded slowly. Raf grinned and hugged him tightly as he choked back a sob. Bumblebee stared for a moment then hugged his friend as he buried his face in his neck. He was back with his friend. His brother.

Ratchet smiled as he watched them, his heart warming. He knew this was a good moment for everyone, sparking hope in them. Riley smiled a bit as she watched, glad to see her father so happy.

"Bumblebee... my brother..." Raf whispered quietly as the two hugged each other close. After a moment they let go and gripped each others shoulders as they grinned excitedly. "Riley, Quinn, this is Bee." He choked happily. The scout smiled more and nodded as he watched them. He remembered Riley but not Quinn.

Riley smiled a little, her arms shifting Quinn in her hold as she grew anxious. "H-Hi." She whispered, Quinns head resting against her shoulder quietly. The little girl stared at the man curiously, watching them.

"Hi Bee." She smiled, picking up her head from the young woman's shoulder.

He smiled and looked at Rafael then tried to speak but nothing came out. He sighed shakily and gently patted Riley's head then made his hand go above her head a few feet as he smiled brightly. Indicating that she grew a lot. He looked at the small girl and waved a little then tried to talk again. He sighed and just smiled sadly.

"It... it broke again... didn't it?" Rafael whispered as he fixed his glasses and Bee nodded slowly.

Rileys expression brightened in amusement at him before it fell quickly, realizing what he meant. A sad look entered her eyes, having hoped it could've been fixed by now. Quinn pulled a bit on Rileys silver heart necklace as she stared at him.

"Broke what?" The child asked curiously, her voice soft and quiet.

"I managed to fix or temporarily fix his voice after... eight years... of when we got separated from the others. Once he was in his Holoform we managed to make sure it would work.... though I'm not perfect and it seemed to only work on occasion." He said seriously, seeming to feel bad for not being able to help better.