Chapter Twenty Seven

Fowler furrowed his brow as he watched him go then looked at her. "Stay with Bumblebee... and I'll work on getting a few things passed so they won't work on the car unless you're there." He whispered quietly and gripped his shoulder before leaving. 

Riley nodded, watching the man go worriedly. She saw him hold his arm and frowned before going to stay with Bumblebee. The young bot was still out and was hooked up to a few machines. He looked fine other than he was sleeping. She sat by him, frowning at seeing him rest like this, hooked up. Her leg bounced up and down anxiously and she gently took his hand, looking down to the tile floor. Bumblebee didn't respond as he lay there. It was getting late and everyone was tired from the events. Riley stayed with him silently, keeping her phone on ringer to the side. She closed her eyes and soon fell asleep in the chair. 

~

Ratchet entered the room and went to his stepson, shaken up a bit. He looked him over, going to the chair by the bedside and sat. He took his hand and side softly. Jack watched him then furrowed his brow as he gripped his hand a little. "You... okay? You... look upset... disturbed." He whispered with worry. 

The doctor looked to him and squeezed his hand a little. "I'm fine. Don't worry about me." He told him firmly.

The young man furrowed his brow as he watched him then looked around. "Did... they... make it back?" He asked. 

The medic hesitated then his eyebrows knitted together as well. "I don't know. I assumed someone would tell them... then somehow tell me." He admitted.

Jack looked at him sadly and closed his eyes. "Skye... she's still on the surface... she has to sleep up there... Miko and the boys too... I don't like this....." he whispered. 

"I don't like it either. But...I cannot stop Skye from being who she wants to be. I'm not her father." Ratchet chuckled a little, looking at him. "I'm sure Miko and the others will be fine. Miko is... Miko. I'm only worried for Skye... she is still such a pure little girl." He sighed softly.

"Yes... she is... I fear for the boys.... Hunter is like Miko... but..." he trailed off a little as he stared blankly and thought about his family. He didn't want any of them on the surface. 

Ratchet paused, frowning. He wished he remembered more of the boys, it made him want to see them even more. He looked down, hoping they would be quick. He didn't like them on the surface either. It wasn't safe. "Miko will keep them safe. They have Bulkhead and Wheeljack too."

The young man smiled a little at the thought and nodded slowly. "I know they will..." he rasped quietly and closed his eyes for a moment. He was tired and it was getting late. He looked at him again then looked to the window. "They haven't... told me why I'm here...." he whispered. 

The doctor sighed heavily and looked around then looked back to his stepson. "Well... we haven't really asked either." He grumbled, crossing his arms. "I'm sure they will tell us soon enough."

"Hopefully..." Jack whispered and looked at him then closed his eyes. "We should probably rest for now..." he muttered and sighed, though knew he'd struggle. Especially with his daughter out there. Ratchet nodded and began yawning, laying against the seat. He closed his eyes and began to rest for a long moment in the seat, exhausted. 

Jack watched him then smiled a little before closing his eyes again. Hoping the night would be restful. Though unfortunately it wasn't for either. Ratchet had horrible memories of Megatron while Jack struggled to sleep altogether. Worried about his family and having nightmares about his mother. He gripped the sheets and panted heavily as his nightmares took hold of him. The young father grit his teeth and yelled as tears fell down his face while he sobbed.