Chapter Twenty

A little earlier, Bumblebee watched his friend and went over to him. He sat by his side and simply stayed with him. Ratchet was silent, fiddling with his ring. He took it off and examined it, frowning deeply. "I should go back to Skye, I shouldn't be gone this long." He grumbled and began getting up. Bumblebee stared at him then gripped his arm. He looked at him with concern. He could tell the silent man would be willing to go and get his wife. 

The doctor stopped and frowned as he looked at him. He shook his head. "No, you're not going. We just got you. If anyone is saving my wife, it's me." He spoke seriously and began grabbing his coat. Bumblebee shook his head and stood then hugged him tightly as he shook his head more. Tears filled his eyes as he held onto the old doctor and continued to shake his head in desperation. He didn't want him to go back to that horrible place.

Ratchet frowned as he paused when he was hugged. He hesitated and began hugging him back. "Bumblebee... you know I'm not going right now or anything. I can't do much right now. I want to figure out where my form is. We all should before we just barge into Darkmount." He muttered.

Bumblebee didn't want to let go in fear of losing him, but knew he should anyway. He slowly let go and pleaded with his eyes to go with him. He wanted to stay here but also wanted to hear from Jack. Hoping he knew where Optimus was.

"Let's not focus on saving June right now, Bumblebee. I'm not even sure where to start." He snorted. "Come with me to the hospital and just relax." He muttered. "Jack needs us more right now." he muttered. Bumblebee looked at him and nodded quickly. He let go and stepped back as he felt bad. He stared at the floor and rubbed his arm awkwardly. 

Ratchet gently nudged him and smiled a bit. "Come on, grab your coat youngling." He said and began heading to the door as he put a hat on his head. Bumblebee smiled brightly and went to get his coat. He put it on and paused as he went to find Riley, having seen her wander off, looking upset. He wanted to make sure she was okay.

The doctor paused and began following him, buttoning his coat. Riley sat on her bed, shaky a bit as she tried to control her uneven breathing. She gripped her bed comforter as she stared downward, trying to remain calm as she had a small anxiety attack forming. Bumblebee peaked into her room and blinked in surprise. He walked in and knelt in front of her. He gently took both her hands in his and breathed calmly. Trying to get her to follow as he stared at her. He managed to get the message across and he breathed with her to help her calm down. He had done this with Rafael a few times in the past.

Riley looked at him, tensing a bit and began trying to copy his breathing. She closed her eyes for a moment to focus on her breaths and she began calming down, stopping her trembling. "Th-Thank you." She whispered, curling her hands to a fist and looking down to her lap. Bumblebee watched her intently then stood and sat by her side. He found a paper and wrote a little then looked at her as he showed her.

-I get panic attacks too... it's always better for someone to be here with you. It's a lot harder to do it on your own...

Riley watched him then glanced at the paper when he showed it. She looked at him in surprise before biting her lip and looking away. "I-I don't know... I'm used to it and I don't want to bother anyone. I've had them since I knew what was going on at the surface." She whispered, the subject of the surface was intense for her. She hated it up there, everyday scared if they were going to be captured. She dreamt many nights of it. "I... I just have to take medication and know how to get out of the attack... th-thank you though." She muttered as she stared down at the floor in embarrassment. 

Bumblebee cocked his head to look at her then gently rubbed her back. He wrote again as he thought then handed it to her again. He gently kissed the side of her head then got up and left before she finished reading. He left with Ratchet to go visit Jack.